so I have noticed that at work I get no idle drain on WiFi, but at home I do. maybe like 2-3% per hour. any thoughts???

Posted via my Nexus 9
    12-22-2014 02:08 PM
    so I have noticed that at work I get no idle drain on WiFi, but at home I do. maybe like 2-3% per hour. any thoughts???

Posted via my Nexus 9
    Are you sure its related to WiFi? Could it possibly be related to a poor cellular signal at home, rather than at work?
    ezzzzz likes this.
    12-22-2014 07:43 PM
    Do you have a 5GHz band at home enabled as well? Perhaps your swapping between bands for best signal strength? Are there more than one network at home or that you can connect to? Its most likely some signal issue, I'd check the networks at home, forget all but the one you use, disable multiple bands in advanced WiFi settings, and make sure signal is strong. You can always also set WiFi to off when sleeping to save battery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ezzzzz likes this.
    12-22-2014 07:52 PM
    Are you sure its related to WiFi? Could it possibly be related to a poor cellular signal at home, rather than at work?
    my nexus is pretty stock no crazy apps. just have WiFi version no cell. Its the only thing I can think of

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1
    12-22-2014 08:40 PM
    Do you have a 5GHz band at home enabled as well? Perhaps your swapping between bands for best signal strength? Are there more than one network at home or that you can connect to? Its most likely some signal issue, I'd check the networks at home, forget all but the one you use, disable multiple bands in advanced WiFi settings, and make sure signal is strong. You can always also set WiFi to off when sleeping to save battery.

home WiFi is just standard, not 5. and just one network. will disable multiband thou just in case
    will let u know

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1
    12-22-2014 08:42 PM
    so feel stupid posting this but I have to let the people know! thanks all for racking ur brain,the culprit was location on/off. with off zero battery drain.

update: I lied, wasn't location. don't know what I did, I turned off tablet, charged over nite, cleared cache. I got no noticeable standby battery drain and I'm at 13 percent and screen time is over 5 hours. Previously I have only about 4 hours max so I'm not sure what's going on but I guess it's okay

Posted via my Nexus 9
    matt3166 likes this.
    12-23-2014 06:30 AM
    Hey at least its resolved, that's the important part.

12-24-2014 08:23 PM