I had what I thought was a pretty good Nexus 9; very little backlight bleed, pretty tight back, etc.
    Then I dropped it on a tile floor from about 3 feet!!!
    Nothing broke but the metal frame around the edge near the camera bent.
    Now when I boot the tablet I can see major light bleed from that corner.
    I am surprised the glass/screen did not break.
    I usually buy stuff with my AMEX but I got a fraud alert and had to cancel the card at the time I ordered the Nexus 9 so I ended up using a VISA.
    Unfortunately VISA does not have the same type of damage insurance that AMEX does.
    The tablet still works as well as it did before but it will never be the same
    12-23-2014 12:55 PM
    That just sucks man
    12-27-2014 06:50 PM
    Are you sure that your Visa doesn't cover damage? Also, if you have household insurance your policy might cover it. Mine covers computer damage.
    12-28-2014 12:45 PM
    Are you sure that your Visa doesn't cover damage? Also, if you have household insurance your policy might cover it. Mine covers computer damage.
    Yeah and then the premium goes up every year for the rest of your life and the tablet ends up costing you thousands. Insurance companies Almost never lose. I have paid hundreds extra in my business liability insurance every year for a $600 window that an employee by broke several years ago.
    12-28-2014 07:10 PM
    I am in sorta the same situation, I didn't drop it myself, someone from school dropped it. Now I would like to know if it's possible to repair it. Because if it isn't my school will buy a new one and trade it for mine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-16-2015 08:11 PM
    I am in sorta the same situation, I didn't drop it myself, someone from school dropped it. Now I would like to know if it's possible to repair it. Because if it isn't my school will buy a new one and trade it for mine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    It can be repaired, but the cost will almost surely outweigh the benefit.
    01-16-2015 09:18 PM
    Yeah and then the premium goes up every year for the rest of your life and the tablet ends up costing you thousands. Insurance companies Almost never lose. I have paid hundreds extra in my business liability insurance every year for a $600 window that an employee by broke several years ago.
    Sending you a pm.
    01-19-2015 11:06 PM