Trying to connect it to Verizon, but it says the Radio is off. I have an active nano sim for my ipad air that I am trying to get to work on the Nexus 9, but its a no go. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.
    12-26-2014 12:44 AM
    I'm having some difficulties too. I've installed the nano sim from my iPad Mini in the N9, and it recognizes that's on Verizon Wireless but doesn't show any signal strength. I know (think) the N9 was going to be offered on Verizon, and it should support the correct bands, but maybe the radios haven't been enabled just yet?
    12-26-2014 03:35 PM
    I tried with Sprint in the store and over the phone. They said the IMEI number was not in their system and they couldn't activate it. I have a ticket on it from their tech support folks. In the meantime I got a Straight Talk BYOT sim card and got a one month plan.
    12-31-2014 02:47 PM
    I tried with Sprint in the store and over the phone. They said the IMEI number was not in their system and they couldn't activate it. I have a ticket on it from their tech support folks. In the meantime I got a Straight Talk BYOT sim card and got a one month plan.
    Interesting.. I have an old Sprint SIM that I popped into my tablet to see what would happen, and at the very least it registered on their network and seemed like it would work which is much more than I can say about my test on Verizon where it seems they're flat out blocking it from even registering.

I wonder if Sprint would really need you to be able to register the IMEI with them for it to work. I had a Nexus 6 for a little while, and it worked just fine on Verizon's network even though it's IMEI wasn't in their system either. I just popped the SIM from my Moto X into it, and it worked without having to do any sort of registration. I assume the difference here between the N6 and N9 is the fact that the N6 is very similar to the Moto X while the N9 doesn't really compare with anything on Verizon's network today.
    01-01-2015 02:14 PM