I just got the folio keyboard and I am having one huge problem. I can't turn it off. Sometimes I want to use the onscreen keyboard when I am holding the tablet in portrait but the folio keyboard disables it.

How can I easily re enable the onscreen keyboard when the folio is connected? Or if not possible, turn off the folio without turning Bluetooth all the way off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-27-2014 11:01 AM
    Turn off Bluetooth to disable the keyboard, and turn it on when desiring to use it. That's the only option I've found.
    01-04-2015 03:08 PM
    Not acceptable to me.

I found a solution but it is extreme. I rooted, then used tasker to change keyboards based on orientation and switched to "null keyboard" a keyboard in the store that is actually an invisible keyboard.

Then I enabled the setting to show the digital keyboard even when a hardware one is present. Now when j am in portrait I have my digital one and landscape a clear screen.

Posted with my turbo charges droid turbo.
    01-04-2015 09:43 PM
    I just got my Nexus 9 and folio today. And I can definitely see what you mean already. It is very annoying that it just assumes I always want to use the folio keyboard. It would be nice if it always gave the software keyboard when in portrait mode or had an easy one-click switch between hardware and software. For now, I'll just disable bluetooth when not using the keyboard.
    y2whisper likes this.
    01-05-2015 09:13 PM
    Just run your tablet over the NFC spot and the keyboard will disconnect. Then do it again to reconnect.

07-31-2015 10:49 AM
    Just run your tablet over the NFC spot and the keyboard will disconnect. Then do it again to reconnect.

Unfortunately I didn't get NFC to work. However, the keyboard seems to work pretty well, although not having direct Android keys seems unusual. I see the emoticon keys bring up emoticon menu, but what does the bullseye do?
    07-31-2015 11:52 AM