The Nexus 9 Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing posted for the N9. It's a shame because I flashed 5.1 on my N5 and have noticed a lot of improvements in performance. I was having so many issues on the N5 I had to factory reset a couple of times with the various flavors of 5.0.x. One flash of 5.1 and my problems have vanished (knocks on wood several times).

The image for the N9 can't come soon enough.

tbolt86

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Y are they always first with everything this is the latest it should get everything first smh

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I am pretty disappointed in Google with the slow updates.
I hoped for a better experience from a Nexus device when it carries a premium price. I could barely tolerate it for the Nexus 7 2nd gen due to the price, but on this? I think I need to look at an Ipad Air 2 again...

bjacks12

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
It makes perfect sense to look at an iPad Air 2 again if you want to repurchase your apps, be forced to use a terrible UI, and waste the money you spent on the N9 to spite Google.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It makes perfect sense to look at an iPad Air 2 again if you want to repurchase your apps, be forced to use a terrible UI, and waste the money you spent on the N9 to spite Google.

Introducing Lollipop, our sweetest release yet

Nexus devices get the latest Android OS updates first, so you have a superior software experience.
This is one of the reasons I bought a Nexus. Im going to wait until the first GPE's get the 5.1, if they get it first. I will leave it.

#1 Already have my apps purchased on both ecosystems (I still have my note 3 regardless- waiting on the S6 or 6S to see which way I go). #2 Matter of opinion. #3 Not in my case thankfully. I'd have money in my pocket. I paid $216~ for the tablet+ chrome cast.
I am at a point where I've tried a few smartphones, different androids, and iphones. I am done chasing around "the best smartphone"I just need the phone to do what I need to do. Don't care if it's with a 16mp camera, or 4mp or a 8 core behemoth, or a 64 bit processor.
What I care about is the results, not what was used to get there. I can go Android or Iphone, makes little difference I am familiar with both OS's, albeit I would probably need to get acquainted with ios 8.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
every now and then we get the user who pop's up with the threat of going to Apple on several different android forums and none of us could careless... you have to be careful when you mention that if you want to be taken seriously & get the best help possible.
these are just my observations ;)

Last edited:

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
every now and then we get the user who pop's up with the threat of going to Apple on several different android forums and none of us could careless... you have to be careful when you mention that if you want to be taken seriously & get the best help possible.
these are just my observations ;)

Thanks for your observations, let's move on. Don't see the point in further discussing what I will do with my money, and I'd rather not be the cause why the thread derailed.

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
This is the 64 bit version the others are not, so release isn't necessarily going to be the same path as the other version.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Its also at the mercy I'd think of HTC and Nvidia drivers being updated, and both are deep engaged in new product lines, as opposed to Asus and Motorola.

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Its also at the mercy I'd think of HTC and Nvidia drivers being updated, and both are deep engaged in new product lines, as opposed to Asus and Motorola.

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't think it has anything to do with HTC. Nvidia yes as it's their processor and they create the drivers but HTC have nothing to do with it.

Really hanging for for 5.1 to fix the Nexus 9 issues.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Someone had made a great post on reddit about the Nexus 9 being behind in the update game. it had to do with Google taking care of the most devices in the most hands first with the biggest problems such as the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 2012. Then the Nexus 6 was going to drop with T Mobile and they wanted the newest operating system on it so that was the next objective. Another topic was Google not over extending their bandwidth ( although it is great) by pushing small batches at a time as they focuse on still making money with advertising too.
that's not the exact wording, but from what I remember off the top of my head.

I believe Google pushes the small batches to make sure no giant bugs pop up and everybody isn't screwed at once also.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds about right but damn it's taking a while. I wasn't thinking about it but its been about five months of dealing with this tablets problems.

The Z4 tablet can't come out fast enough for me, I've pretty much had it with this thing.

HiC764

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Sounds about right but damn it's taking a while. I wasn't thinking about it but its been about five months of dealing with this tablets problems.

The Z4 tablet can't come out fast enough for me, I've pretty much had it with this thing.

systemofadown1 would like you to know that none of us could care less about your threats to jump to the Z4 and you have to be careful when you mention stuff like that if you want to be taken seriously:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz