enable OEM unlock option tripped a guy up :(

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
A Nexus 9 user was trying to flash back to stock to send the tablet off for a repair. he was rooted and running twrp custom recovery. during the process through adb & factory resetting he forgot to click enable OEM unlock and is currently in a bricked state. He can access the boot loader but commands such as OEM unlock will only fail because he can't get into the tablet to allow ODM unlock in the developer options.
he states he's tried everything I recommended he try wugs toolkit set to soft bricked and forceflash 5.0.1
Any ideas guys??

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wug's should be able to get them back up and running. However, he might need to set up ADB on a PC and do it that way (even though Wug's does the same thing).

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thats what I was thinking, as long as he can access the bootloader there is hope. I've asked him if he's going to try the force flash option and he said he's gone through all ADB commands and it fails because he can't unlock the bootloader.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I wish I had the tab in my hands - I'd try until my brain was numb ;)
An N9 user on XDA ran into the same issue, I have yet to scan the full thread..
If he has a breakthrough I'll post here - just mainly wanted to let users know of this issue so they don't have the same trouble :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC