Has anyone tried the memory leak fixes that I am seeing pop up on XDA for Xposed on the Nexus 9? Does it fix the long pauses and make it unnecessary to reboot every couple days?
    04-07-2015 02:30 PM
    Can't really say about xposed but AICP paired with FIRE-ICE pretty much solved all performance issues...
    04-08-2015 10:58 AM
    Can't really say about xposed but AICP paired with FIRE-ICE pretty much solved all performance issues...
    Give me some info and maybe a link? I have no idea what you are talking about but if it fixes this thing I'm seriously interested.
    04-08-2015 11:19 AM
    Can't right now as I'm using Tapatalk but if you head to xda forum and search nexus 9 development sub forum you will easily find AICP and on original development you will find FIRE-ICE kernel.
    Be sure todos download 5.1 AICP version.
    04-08-2015 11:23 AM
    Thanks, I guess I haven't been following this as close as I thought.
    04-08-2015 12:08 PM
    Thanks, I guess I haven't been following this as close as I thought.
    MaxBurn, don't leave us hangin'. What did you do, what did you find?
    04-12-2015 04:51 PM
    Well I started reading about this stuff and I'll admit I've never felt comfortable enough to start swapping kernels. So instead I went back to an old friend and tried the latest cyanogen nightly. Normally I'm not even that daring, before when I was using them I went with the milestones.

So far on nightly 4-10 I have experienced one instance of picking up the tablet and it being completely off, I had to power it on. No idea what happened there but leading up to that I noticed the memory creeping up to critical like it always did stock. I also had one instance of nova launcher failing to appear, just a black screen for a while. Now that happened a couple times when it was stock too so I'm thinking nova doesn't get along with the N9 so much. Nova works great on my Z3c and N7'13 though. I've also had some weird video playback problems in netflix, video so laggy the sound wasn't playing the same place as the video was showing, I've never seen that before.

What is improved under CM12 is the speed, it seems to fly and not suffer weird pauses here and there. But with only 6 hours of uptime on the tablet so far lets see how it does in a couple days because stock after a reboot was fine too.

Honestly at this point I might pay someone for a rom that was trouble free and an easy flash like cm or stock is.
    04-12-2015 05:47 PM
    Cyanogenmod was a rocky start but it seems to have settled down and been relatively trouble free. A lot of the stutters and pauses like stock has seem to be gone. Unfortunately they were replaced by horrible battery life and a super hot camera section in that corner where the CPU is, just web browsing in dolphin gets it cooking.
    04-18-2015 06:03 AM