Received 5.0.2 today

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It's been a few days since I last used my Nexus 9. I picked it up today and noticed I had an update 5.0.2 ready to download. Is this old news? Last thing I knew was that the Nexus 9 was stuck on 5.0.1 until they would update to 5.1.1.

cjohn4043

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep. I installed it and everything. It seems to work just fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6294.jpg
    6294.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 142

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
WOW!!!
Congratulations, you're the First person to receive an update beyond 5.0.1 for the Nexus 9 ;)

I would venture a guess that it might have to do with the coming 5.1.1 update (maybe something in 5.0.2 is needed before the jump??).
That's just speculation though...

Interesting none the less ;)

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site
WOW!!!
Congratulations, you're the First person to receive an update beyond 5.0.1 for the Nexus 9 ;)

I would venture a guess that it might have to do with the coming 5.1.1 update (maybe something in 5.0.2 is needed before the jump??).
That's just speculation though...

Interesting none the less ;)

Also apparently the only person.

olliex11

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Have received the 5.0.2 update this afternoon too. Put it down to maybe a pre-requisite for 5.1.

Posted via Android Central App

CheeseboD

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I got 5.0.2 on my Nexus 9 about an hour ago. It's still stuck on the boot screen. Surely Google should have fixed this problem when it was reported on the Nexus 7 over a month ago before releasing it for the Nexus 9? What's happened to common sense, let alone quality control?
Very disappointed with Google at the moment.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I got 5.0.2 on my Nexus 9 about an hour ago. It's still stuck on the boot screen. Surely Google should have fixed this problem when it was reported on the Nexus 7 over a month ago before releasing it for the Nexus 9? What's happened to common sense, let alone quality control?
Very disappointed with Google at the moment.

I'm bootlooped after sideloading, too.

klobkelosh

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You may want to make sure you are OEM unlocked before accepting the OTA, as there are several reports of bootloops, and an unlocked device can usually be saved with a factory image flash. Hopefully no one is bricked ala nexus 7. At least one person on xda reports a cache wipe helped:

[quote name="McChen147" post=60534380]Problem with the 5.0.2 OTA on my device....sideloaded the OTA as usual. Went fine, no errors and rebooted. Now I'm stuck at the 4 color spinning balls boot animation. It hasn't even asked me to input my unlock code to decrypt yet. After about 30 mins, I gave up and held down power for 10 secs and restarted the device. Still stuck at the boot animation, no unlock prompt.....not sure how long to wait for this thing or if I should just reset the device.[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
Recommend boot into bootloader (power+vol ↓) and then go to recovery and wipe the cache. I was dealing with a boot loop after sideloading, and wiping the cache from recovery enabled the full boot and app optimization process to complete.<font color="Silver"><br />
<br />

smc333

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Notice less lagg? How's the performance? I haven't received it yet :/ pretty disappointed with the update rollouts I think its the tegra k1 that's the culprit

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Seems smooth, but I don't use mine enough to really notice if there was an improvement. Upper rear corner was pretty warm after it updated and I used it for a little while. Cooled down now.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Seems smooth, but I don't use mine enough to really notice if there was an improvement. Upper rear corner was pretty warm after it updated and I used it for a little while. Cooled down now.

That's the norm currently (its where the k1 processor resides) so it gets warm to the touch with use - especially extended use.
I'm still patiently waiting, guess I wasn't one of the first 1% or so in the tiered rollout :( :p

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The N9 is a strange melodrama so we don't fault your skepticism ... Its a small update, I doubt there's a firmware/kernel update in it, perhaps its a step to 5.1.1, perhaps its a sign 5.1.1 is a really looking way away. If 5.1.1 doesn't come out by mid-June something inside makes me think we won't see it.

klobkelosh

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Android police suggests evidence that this is s stepping stone to a larger update:

" Believe it or not, the remaining two adjustmentsmight*actually explain why a minor OTA is necessary before moving on to 5.1 or above. The first change was made to the code for Recovery,increasing the max_map_count, which is probably to support larger and more complicated OTAs. The second and far more obvious modification was made to the platform/frameworks/base project, which directs the PowerManagerService to allow for a longer timeout while "uncrypting" OTA packages. The*extended description*explicitly states that this is because large OTAs could take too long to write to storage."

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...date-from-5-0-1_r1-lrx22c-to-5-0-2_r3-lrx22l/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000