how are people's battery life?

liam fisher

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Im thinking of getting a nexus 9 but some reviews say they get 7-8 hours of Web browsing but some say only 5 hours. So how long are people getting Webrowsing

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd say I'm in between thoes estimates you stated. I love the tablet and with the soon to be released 5.1.1 update it should be even better but I do crave more battery life ;)

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I use my n9 for pretty much nothing but web browsing. I'd say I get about 7 hours out of it per day.
If I had to buy a new tablet right now the N9 would still be my choice. I've had it for about 4 months now. 5.0.1 has had its little bugs but for the most part its been OK. We just got android 5.0.2 & if all goes well 5.1.1 is just around the corner. That should help bump up performance & could squeeze a bit more out of the battery ( this is just wishful thinking though at this time).
If you can try one out first, maybe go by a best buy or like retailer for a demo.

liam fisher

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
im in the uk so there is no 'best buy' shops but at the moment they are £100 off. and i have a sheild tablet at the moment but the battery life is 5hours max, and thats doing nothing on it.

renzi555

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
No matter what I do, I seem to get 6 hours SOT across a couple days at about 25% brightness, primarily consuming content thru web browsing, Twitter, or other apps that need to be online. I'm sure if I pulled it off the charger and ran a local video nonstop without putting it to sleep, I'd get around 7-8.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
After 5.0.2 I get very good battery life, 10hrs+ and idle drains little, sat idle 12hrs lost 2% before 5.0.2 I swear it sucked but I can't remember. 5.1.1 comes soon, so it should only get better.

Yeah the shield stinks I agree wrt battery had same issues with mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I left mine sitting for 12 hours, unplugged, and the battery only dropped 5%.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My battery was horrible. Would die daily without using it. So I knew something was draining it, but couldn't figure out what. I had to do a factory reset and now the battery life is wonderful.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC