Unlock to black screen (wash, rinse, repeat)

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have the random issue where if you unlock the screen it transitions then back to blank screen (sleep) then you try to unlock again and the same thing happens and you can't get into the tablet without rebooting?

Posted via the Android Central App

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have the random issue where if you unlock the screen it transitions then back to blank screen (sleep) then you try to unlock again and the same thing happens and you can't get into the tablet without rebooting?

I've had this happen a couple times, found it to be weird but didn't think much of it. It definitely is annoying.

J

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Cool to know I'm not crazy ... Its definitely not annoying nor frequent, maybe once every two months, due to that its hard to isolate repeatable steps to trigger the behavior.

Thanks for reply!

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had it happen as well, it used to happen quite frequently on 5.0.2 but since updating to 5.1.1 of happens less but it's still there 😔

scorpion05

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I've had this happen a couple times, found it to be weird but didn't think much of it. It definitely is annoying.

J

It has been happening ever since upgrade to 5.1.1. Reboot fixes it but is annoyance. I tried wiping cache and factory reset, but the issue still persists. The easiest solution is to left swipe on the camera to open the camera app, then use the back button to come back to login screen. This time around the pattern will work.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Since posting that it was a bit of an annoyance, it is now happening more often than before. It has happened at least three times since Sunday. This bug needs to be fixed asap!

J

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it seems to be perhaps related to autorotate or hepatic feedback...just anecdotal right now but if I have either on it happens more often when they're on --- not scientific ground truth though

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The last couple days I've experienced UTBSS (unlock to black screen syndrome). Each time, I'm forced to shut down and restart. Starting to become annoying... Just saying :)

J

renzi555

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
It was happening to me 2-3 times a week for about 2 weeks and then I turned on the pattern lock and it hasn't happened yet this past week... Annoying to have a pattern, but that was worse.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
It was happening to me 2-3 times a week for about 2 weeks and then I turned on the pattern lock and it hasn't happened yet this past week... Annoying to have a pattern, but that was worse.

I keep the pattern unlock on and it happens even with it active... Wonder if toggling that setting will fix the problem.

J

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be getting a little worse lately. One thing I noticed is I often keep it plugged in and use the power button to turn off the screen. It seems to occur more frequently when its plugged in.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm getting it at least twice a day. It was annoying and now it is becoming unbearable. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

J

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I never had this until 5.1.1 so I'm wondering if it's an app or something, wish it was easier to view log files or get heap dumps from these things.

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had time to do a search to see how many others are experiencing this issue. I still continue to get this at least once a day.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
It seems the unlock to camera trick doesn't work anymore either for some reason ... Oh well, I'm gonna factory reset today to try and remedy spontaneous reboots I've been getting a lot more recently too ... I wish there was a simply debug console or way to get java heap dumps off the phone to run through a MAT for those of us who want to at least know what to avoid.

Cest la vie ...

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
It seems the unlock to camera trick doesn't work anymore either for some reason ... Oh well, I'm gonna factory reset today to try and remedy spontaneous reboots I've been getting a lot more recently too ... I wish there was a simply debug console or way to get java heap dumps off the phone to run through a MAT for those of us who want to at least know what to avoid.

Cest la vie ...

Once you factory reset your N9, post your findings. I'm very interested in seeing if this helps remedy the issue. I'm still getting them, depending on how much I use my N9, at least twice a day.

J

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
so fr no issues, one test I want to try is using a non baseline chharger ie not the htc one that came with the tablet, it seemed before more prevalent after unplugging from charging and I often use my moto droid turbo charger or another random one.

Posted via Android Central App