Nexus 9 Replacement?

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone heard of a replacement for the Nexus 9? My wife wants a new tablet and would prefer not to get a Nexus 9 because of all the issues we had with the first one.

Thanks,
Jerry

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone heard of a replacement for the Nexus 9? My wife wants a new tablet and would prefer not to get a Nexus 9 because of all the issues we had with the first one.

Thanks,
Jerry
There's no news that Google will release a new tablet this year, or at least this Fall as they've often done in the past. What problems are you having with the Nexus 9?

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd look into the galaxy tabs they are great.

Posted via Lg g3 Running Cyanidel Android 5.1.1
I'm a Nexus 9 owner (nexus invested, in fact, from Gnex to both N7's and N4 and N5), and I totally agree if you are not "blinded"(which I am) by the Nexus allure. BestBuy may actually have the best buys on galaxy tabs. The tabpro is a superior device (we have two 12.2 models in the family). The N9 is a great size for reading on tab and on web-esp for aging eyes. But, it's a very frustrating tab-lags (even with custom kernel), freezes, reboots. If it only ran like my N5. So you may be right in avoiding it. I just replaced my husband's IPad 3 with a mini 2. He loves it. The mini is a perfect size, but I just could get into the iOS mindset-even after jailbreaking.
Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
There's no news that Google will release a new tablet this year, or at least this Fall as they've often done in the past. What problems are you having with the Nexus 9?
Thanks

The Nexus 9 I bought had several issue. Screen light was very uneven. A solid white line 1/4 inch wide running down one entire edge, overheating and shutting down. It was the first device I ever had to send back. Thank heaven for Amazon's 30 return policy.

leif#WN

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if I can get help here without thread capping on advice on a $200 Nexus 9 I just got from cowBoom. It overheats for me after web browsing H TC says the swap it out if I pay shipping one way I'm wondering what are odds are replacement won't have problems and if replacement does have problem, if I'd be able to get away with sending replacement back to cowBoom if I'm still under 2 weeks return window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech