Nexus 9 and Marshmallow/ Android 6.0

eosman2k1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if people can post their experiences here regarding Marshmallow on the Nexus 9 compared to 5.1.1 Lollipop. I have read here in the forums about people not recommending the Nexus 9 but was wondering if that has changed now thanks to Android 6.0.

Thanks! James

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What's the "not buy" recommendation based on? I thought people loved the Nexus 9. Either way, also curious how people like it with new software.

osiris355

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Well if you actually care about using multiple profiles its a horrible experience. Performance goes right in the toilet as soon as you sign into another account.

If you dont plan on using multiple profiles its not a fast or slow experience. Its average...

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Lag and reboots! I've done full wipes with fresh app installs nearly monthly. Everything is great for a few weeks then it starts again. Stock, elementalx, twrp, and 15gb available space. Great screen, nice speakers, but irritating lag and reboots that I hope M fixes-not holding my breath. My 6th nexus device-the only one that's truly frustrated me. Love my N5 and hope to keep it a year or two longer despite crappy battery.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

eosman2k1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the N6 and N9 too and love them both. Thinking about flashing the factory images tonight though.

Posted via the Android Central App

If you could share your initial impressions that would be awesome! I like the Nexus 9 for its smaller form factor compared to the Pixel C. That's why I'm asking. :)

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I flashed the factory images and I've seen a performance upgrade. That's it. Not so much lag on the animations. They are much smoother now. Google now on tap is awesome.
(Side note: what's up with the light bleed? Is that in every N9? )
I just bought mine off Amazon when they had that awesome sale!

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I flashed a new copy of Marshmallow on my Nexus 9. The result, what was once a wonky, laggy mess has turned into a fast responsive device. Mind you the N9 had moments of quickness before, but it would soon revert to slow and wonky. I'm just waiting to see if it reverts back. So far it's working really well.

Of course an alternative explanation is that I had really bad installs of updates of Lollipop. Installing a fresh copy of anything might have fixed the problems.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Great to hear some the device is acting faster! My has slowly but surely become a stuttery mess. A cache wipe helped but I'm looking forward to being off Lollipop lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63