Just got my Nexus 9!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So I purchased a 32Gb Nexus 9 on Tuesday during the HTC one day special for $287. I can't believe the difference between this an my 2013 Nexus 7! Much bigger difference than I expected! The screen is phenomenal and it is much faster!
So far I'm really glad I purchased this! :D

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I bought one also from the same sale. So far I'm pleased with it. I'm coming from a NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's a great deal! Did you also get the keyboard folio?
No... I thought about it but it wasn't on sale. I figured if I want it I can always pick one up later if it does go on sale. Then I'd probably use the Nexus 9 as a BYOD for work as well.

svtalex

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I also got mine today. Didn't really play with it had to do every single update to get to 6.0. Them I picked up my nexus,7 2013 also to see the notification to update to 6.0 lol!!

Posted via the Android Central App

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I got mine today as well, it's a nice change from the Nexus 7, plus it's updating to 6.0 as I type. Nexus 7 is still on 5.1.1.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I also got mine today. Didn't really play with it had to do every single update to get to 6.0. Them I picked up my nexus,7 2013 also to see the notification to update to 6.0 lol!!

The 9 wanted to move all my programs over from my phone. For some reason it didn't give my Nexus 7 as an option. So I figured with all the updates I'd be doing I'd rather just reload my apps individually as I need them. That way it took way less time to do the actual updates. I'm really liking the Nexus 9 right now... :)

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The 9 wanted to move all my programs over from my phone. For some reason it didn't give my Nexus 7 as an option. So I figured with all the updates I'd be doing I'd rather just reload my apps individually as I need them. That way it took way less time to do the actual updates. I'm really liking the Nexus 9 right now... :)

That's odd, mine took the apps from my nexus 7, which was nice since I don't have as many apps on it as I have on my phone. I am loving the 9 so far.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got the same deal 287. Mine came Wed morning. I'm coming from an Asus transformer prime 10 inch. I love this! I have the HTC one M9. This takes longer to charge and mine seems like it drains quick. But It's still so much better than my Asus which is probably 3 to 4 years old I'm getting a hundred bucks for it so i did good. I ordered a case off Amazon and its not here I didn't expect the tablet to be here the next day. But so far I am liking this tablet. Is there a volume shortcut or toggle switch or app i can download so I don't have to use the volume controls on the side all the time?

Last edited:

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That's odd, mine took the apps from my nexus 7, which was nice since I don't have as many apps on it as I have on my phone. I am loving the 9 so far.

That's the reason I stopped it. I don't use many of my phone apps on my tablet. Not a big issue loading the apps as I need them though...

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got the same deal 287. Mine came Wed morning. I'm coming from an Asus transformer prime 10 inch. I love this! I have the HTC one M9. This takes longer to charge and mine seems like it drains quick. But It's still so much better than my Asus which is probably 3 to 4 years old I'm getting a hundred bucks for it so i did good. I ordered a case off Amazon and its not here I didn't expect the tablet to be here the next day. But so far I am liking this tablet. Is there a volume shortcut or toggle switch or app i can download so I don't have to use the volume controls on the side all the time?
I haven't decided what to do with my Asus yet. In spite of the reviews I ordered the HTC Magic Cover to see how it was. Found one on Amazon for $15 including shipping so figured it was worth a try... That's a whole lot better than $40.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My Asus had gotten slow and browsers lagging and not responding alot of times and I had reset it once back to factory and didn't put much back on it. But when I signed into my Nexus it said from Transformer prime and they were all to be check marked and I only had like 30 apps I think and I selected all than unchecked what I didn't want. On my husbands Asus it downloaded every app from his phone. My Asus didn't do that. This tablet has been great and I kept saying to my husband much better is than my old one I can play my games on it and do more and than last night when on Chrome trying to reply here it locked up and said browser not responding and I was like oh great but than it closed out and reopened and was ok. I than just downloaded the app for here. Still waiting on my case I ordered Wed night hasn't even said shipped yet.

That's the reason I stopped it. I don't use many of my phone apps on my tablet. Not a big issue loading the apps as I need them though...

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I had my Asus on Craigs List a while back for $200 but I am letting a friend have it for a $100 it's for his mom and he knows how to root and all that and will put Lollipop on it so maybe it will run better after he's done and it's reset of course. I ordered this finite case and I just checked I'm mad but most were prime except for a few one being the color I ordered. I emailed them saying I got my tablet can you put a rush on this and he said oh it's usually their in 4 days or so and it just now says shipped arriving 11/16th what? I can live with this Monday but if it's really going to be next I am going out of town next weekend and I need something now to hold me over. Plus now I kind of want one that does portrait too. I tracked package and now it says the 10th through the 16th but I still don't want to wait that long.

I haven't decided what to do with my Asus yet. In spite of the reviews I ordered the HTC Magic Cover to see how it was. Found one on Amazon for $15 including shipping so figured it was worth a try... That's a whole lot better than $40.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got my N9 and was on forums or somewhere and came across a link to compare the N9 and the Galaxy S tab 2 I believe it was. I already have my N9 and love it and have had all HTC phones but I saw where the Samsung had more Ram and came in 32 and 64 and had sd slot but other than that this has a bigger battery and I love the boom speakers and I am not sure if the double tap to turn on is an HTC thing cause it's on our phone too but I love that. I found a widget for sound volume so now I am good to go. I am loving this tablet a lot. I keep reading about the Google C or whatever the new on is coming out and I usually buy the latest and am up to date when I buy gadgets but the price on this was too good to pass up and it's so much better than my Asus that I am pleased with my purchase and if the 40% off deal comes again I would recommend this to people.

I've just come back to the N9 after swapping my first one for a Galaxy Tab S. Pleased to be back.😀

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I just got my N9 and was on forums or somewhere and came across a link to compare the N9 and the Galaxy S tab 2 I believe it was. I already have my N9 and love it and have had all HTC phones but I saw where the Samsung had more Ram and came in 32 and 64 and had sd slot but other than that this has a bigger battery and I love the boom speakers and I am not sure if the double tap to turn on is an HTC thing cause it's on our phone too but I love that. I found a widget for sound volume so now I am good to go. I am loving this tablet a lot. I keep reading about the Google C or whatever the new on is coming out and I usually buy the latest and am up to date when I buy gadgets but the price on this was too good to pass up and it's so much better than my Asus that I am pleased with my purchase and if the 40% off deal comes again I would recommend this to people.

I can honestly say I don't miss my Tab S (first gen) at all. OK it's nice to have an SD full of movies but I can still fit 15 or so on the N9 which is enough choice for the odd night away for work.

The HTC speakers are great. The screen is really good, OK it's less punchy in colour but it's nice and sharp. And I'm much happier browsing etc in portrait orientation with the N9. The Tab S is landscape only really, always.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I can honestly say I don't miss my Tab S (first gen) at all. OK it's nice to have an SD full of movies but I can still fit 15 or so on the N9 which is enough choice for the odd night away for work.
The HTC speakers are great. The screen is really good, OK it's less punchy in colour but it's nice and sharp. And I'm much happier browsing etc in portrait orientation with the N9. The Tab S is landscape only really, always.

That's funny cause my Asus is a 10 inch and I always did landscape and the N9 I do Portrait. A couple things are in landscape. But so far I am glad I made this decision. I have had HTC phones every one since the EVO and love this tablet. I don't regret getting it. I know it says on HTC site regular $479 and I paid 287 but on Amazon you can still get it for like $350 for the 32 gig but still I'm glad I got in on the 40% off deal finally.

But one of my favorite things is the charger LOL! My Asus had it's own special charger. This charger is the exact one that came with my HTC One M9 and than I also have a quick charge 2.0 wall and car charger and an external battery back. I know this doesn't do 2.0 but I'll still be able to charge it in the car. I need to figure out how to tether with my M9 phone. I have Sprint and not sure if it will work but next weekend were driving out of town and I would love to be able to use the tablet instead of the phone. But most of the time signal isn't so great anyway.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Well I got the Magic Cover yesterday. It's "interesting" to say the least. I do like it because it's lighter than a full cover and I never expected it to provide too much protection. It's more for creating a stand for the N9 when necessary in my view.
That said, the full retail price of $39 in my opinion is WAY out of line. The $15 I paid make it worth it. I also have a Kindle Voyage with a magnetic origami cover and the implementation is MUCH better I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante