Losing sound on Nexus 9 w/ Marshmallow

rllor

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
My tablet suddenly loses media sound w/ no apparent cause. Tried settings as well as sound control apps to no avail.
Sound only returns after a restart. Ideas?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the mediaserver is crashing. There are a few things that can cause that to happen... a corrupt media file causing a fatal exception... problems in the media handler, etc.

It might be drastic, but you could try a factory reset. That clears out app data, but it also will wipe the media files you've aquired in your interal storage.... that might fix it.

rllor

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 9 Tablet w/ Marshmallow Muting w/o Cause

I just got a N9 and all sounds mute without any apparent cause. Only comes back with reboot. Any ideas?

rllor

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 9 Tablet w/ Marshmallow Muting w/o Cause

Found that by resetting the sound options the sounds come back, but still no idea why they turn of on their own... Help still welcome.

rllor

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Sound and Video Issues

For some unknown reason, my N9 tab suddenly loses all sounds and videos (from FB to youtube and even those stored on the device dont run. Seems like SW issues, since a reboot fixes everything. Also, everything runs pretty slower when the device returns from the hibernation mode.

I'd like to hear from others before going for a factory reset.

PS: I have N7 tab that is working fine after the upgrade to Marshmallow.

rllor

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys! I took the 1st step (Safe Mode). I had to reinstall FB as it seems there was something wrong with its files. I will keep you posted in case the problems come back.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! I took the 1st step (Safe Mode). I had to reinstall FB as it seems there was something wrong with its files. I will keep you posted in case the problems come back.

Facebook was crashing g on my Nine to the point that I had to uninstall it. Works fine everywhere on my LG G4 and my Nexus 7.

Posted via the Android Central App