Use Nexus 9 Tablet As Agenda For Refrigerator (Android 6.0)

anon(9749233)

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I always like the idea of having a tablet specifically for always showing my agenda, that i could embed in my wall or on my refrigerator so I know what's coming up.

I went out to buy a Nexus 9 with Android 6.0 specifically for this. Now I don't know if my searching skills are lacking, or if what I want just doesn't exist, but here is what I would like.

A full screen automatically updating Agenda view of my day. There aren't any lockscreen widgets (from my searches this was disabled in Android 5.0 in favor of notifications), nor can I find an app that does this.

I don't plan on using the Nexus for anything else other than to always display my Agenda (pulled from my Google Calendar, Activesync accounts (2), and Outlook.com accounts (3).

I'm coming from iphone, which clearly doesn't have this either, but from my understanding, Android is super customizable, which is why I got the Nexus, for plain old Vanilla Android.

I'm lost and would like some guidance. What are launchers? Should this be a lock screen app/widget, can Google Cards provide this with traffic and driving directions?

Thanks guys.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Since you'll only be using it at home, you could turn on the Smart Lock feature and set your home as a Trusted Location (or pair a nearby Bluetooth device and make it a Trusted Device). This will bypass the lockscreen, so that any time you wake the tablet, it will go immediately to the homescreen. You could then use the stock Google Calendar widget (which is in Agenda format) on the main homescreen, or use any number of 3rd party calendar apps if you need more functionality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair