Can't Put Music Onto Nexus 9

Elzar

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey Everybody -

I got a Nexus 9 a few months ago. I was trying to put my music onto it, which I presumed I could do via Windows Explorer, but when I attempt to so, I get the error message "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected.". So far I've tried a different USB port and cable, and rebooting the device, but neither has worked. This is just a regular Nexus 9 running Marshmallow if that helps. Can anyone land a hand here? Thanks for any help.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never experienced that but you've tried the obvious. I would suggest rebooting pc. Next step would be to remove usb drivers and let pc install again. It does sound like the issue is with the pc port or cable. Marshmallow has the new feature whereby you have to pull notification screen to choose what to do with the connection, but that only happens once you get a connection.

Elzar

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Rhea. I figured out if you hit the notifications thing on the top of the screen, it shows a USB selector, which you change to MTP for file transfer instead of charging, then it works like a charm. I had a Galaxy phone before, and I could have swore it was drag and drop, though it's been a few years. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol