Nexus 9 worth buying? still

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I'm looking for a new Android tablet and I was looking at the Nexus 9 but I heard bad things about performance when the tablet was initially released. A bunch of updates later is the tablet finally more enjoyable to use and will be reliable for everyday use ? Your guys feedback would be much appreciated . Thanks !

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
At this point, I'd wait to see the new tablets coming out. The N9 is 2 years old and showing it's age. If you get one now, longevity is a real issue. However, if you find one in good condition at a great price, I wouldn't rule it out. The display is excellent and I really like the 4:3 form factor. Just don't have the same expectations as you would for a newer tablet.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I would like to add. The only thing that holds the nexus 9 back is sluggishness. It is slower than the nexus 7. When you tap an app it has a slight delay before it opens.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
My only issue is that it burns the battery pretty fast unless you keep it plugged in. I do use it several hours a day playing games, checking news and facebook as I watch TV.

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
i think it's still a good buy, especially now (prices are low if you look around a bit), with the right custom rom and kernel you have a snappy device with latest functions

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Pixel C is much better

And 3 times the price.

I really would consider a pixel C if there would be upgrades beyond next year. That is a showstopper given the price. Don't know why Google doesn't offer more than 2 years of updates on true flagships as the Pixel C and the Pixel phones.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Pixel c starting to get discounts, I've seen both £100 off at PC world in the UK, also the 64gb 100 off on play store making it cheaper than the 32.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The NVIDIA Shield Tablet, Kindle Fire (highest end version you can afford) and Pixel C are the only non-Apple tablets anyone should be considering IMO.

Amostostic

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
Google might be coming out with a new tablet later this year. Possibly going to be running Andromeda OS (Android and Chrome OS) on the tablet.