06-14-2017 03:31 AM
30 12
tools
    Okay, fixed this using the battery method described in other threads about Nexus 9 crashes. You don't have to remove the battery -- just pop the connection out where it touches the motherboard and reattach. Took me like 3 minutes. My tools were a credit card to help get the backing off and a butter knife to pop the battery guard out and then disconnect the wire. By Christmas I was getting crashes whenever battery was under 80%. Now I've worn the battery down to 13% and it's still running perfectly.
    12-28-2016 11:04 AM
    It broke after the Nougat upgrade. Nexus 9 just crawls sometimes and then freezes in Chrome
    01-25-2017 04:19 PM
    Mine started freezing after the Nougat upgrade. I haven't figured out any way around it.

Absolutely - this is exactly when this started is after the update.

Im browsing in Chrome - starts to get lagggggy... then freeeze.... then sometimes it releases and comes back only to stutter and freeeeeze..... sometimes at this point it may/may not free up again - other times - its locked and if you feel the top of the tablet its hot.

This only happens in Chrome and after the update.

Does anyone know if this has been reported to Google and if there is a support thread there?
    01-25-2017 04:21 PM
    I read somewhere that no more updates were coming for the nexus 9. I hope google rethinks thinks decision since they left us with a bad update. I was planning on buying a pixel. This happened with my origional galaxy note and i havent purchaed a samsung device since. My nexus 9 is still freezing. I'm going to search for a support thread. If anyone finds one please report back.
    02-19-2017 08:57 AM
    Okay, fixed this using the battery method described in other threads about Nexus 9 crashes. You don't have to remove the battery -- just pop the connection out where it touches the motherboard and reattach. Took me like 3 minutes. My tools were a credit card to help get the backing off and a butter knife to pop the battery guard out and then disconnect the wire. By Christmas I was getting crashes whenever battery was under 80%. Now I've worn the battery down to 13% and it's still running perfectly.
    This method work for me too. Thanks a lot
    06-14-2017 03:31 AM
30 12