Just got Android 7.1.1 on my Nexus 9

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well the title is a bit incorrect - I checked for a system update around 5pm North Carolina time.
Up popped the 7.1.1 update ready for download :)

I let it do its thing (download & update) then powered down, cleared the cache & rebooted.
So far no problems after a few hours :)

Check for the update guys!!!!!!!

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope so too!
There seems to be a few Nexus 9's out in the wild that are problem children :(

I have been lucky with mine (second build, white 16 GB wifi model). Only issue I've ever really had is laggggggg. Preforming a cache clear & clearing out the cache in the storage section often helps but this tablet should fly for what I paid for it.

Can't wait to see if the upcoming nexus 7 is worthwhile!!!!!!! Fingers crossed........

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 7 2013 and 9. The 9 lags so much it's painful to use. It can freeze several times on one web page. My last Android tab I'll ever buy.

rsnsx

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same time zone (Miami) and its after 6:15 p.m.... I just checked again and no update available yet. I'm still stuck on 7.0 on my Nexus 6P-64gb, not rooted, (and I'm even using Project Fi) What Gives?

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Updates roll out in batches so you may get it today you may get it next week.
They do that just in case there ends up being some horrible bugs so not everybody gets hit. Also I'm sure their servers have something to do with it.

rsnsx

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
After my reply/post here, I noticed a post on the 6P forum that someone having the same issue as me (being stuck on 7.0) so they enrolled for the developer beta program which triggered the update and then they just unenrolled. So I tried that and my update to 7.1.1 is downloading now. 👍

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Mines running pretty good on 7.1.1 but there still is a little bit of lag. Especially when I use the Google voice search.
Could just be my internet connection but it's supposed to be high speed.

I'll run the tablet a few more days and then give some feedback.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Mines running pretty good on 7.1.1 but there still is a little bit of lag. Especially when I use the Google voice search.
Could just be my internet connection but it's supposed to be high speed.

I'll run the tablet a few more days and then give some feedback.
Good to hear. I bought my tab used but mint two months ago and it's been a problem. Now it makes my 200 bucks worth it.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe they're still that expensive even a minty one.
Awesome to hear it's up and running fine now though :) Nexus or die ☺

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Spoke too soon. Mine is back to freezing again. I'm done. Putting it up on Craigslist. I just ordered an iPad air 2 from ebay for 235.

jumblednonsense

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine had a TERRIBLE lag after the original Nougat update. But the 7.1.1 update seems to have returned it to normal, so at least I can go back to using it again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech