Yet another Sense ROM question/problem

anon(20649)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I know, I know, everyone is probably getting sick of us noobs with these ROM questions and problems. I have looked on the tutorials, Youtube video's, and the more I read the more I am confused. I am a noob to Android, just started using Linux not long ago (Many different distros).
I have this problem with my Nexus One. I purchased a used Nexus One on Ebay. It was rooted with Sense. So far I like the Sense UI, It is very nice in its lay out. I believe the guy who did it done it right, almost all functions work. I soon found out after purchasing the phone that the Sense UI has bluetooth issues. I have a Ford Fusion with Sync and a Jawbone Prime and now this does work, that was a bummer. Never the less, I wanted to make a go with this phone. One issue that you don't read about is when I have a second call coming in I get a high pitch, low volume screech that goes right through you. So, I still currently have my iPhone 3gs and using it now until I get some of these issues fixed. I can live without the Bluetooth. I rather not but, that will be a option that I can live with for now. I don't want to live with the Screeching noise.
So, now I will summarize:
1)I have an Nexus One AT&T 3G version Android 2.1
2)It has MoDaCo custom Rom Desire Port r21, ssh
3)Build number: Passion-user 2.1-update1 ERE27 24178 release-keys
I would like to keep this phone with the Sense UI if I can get the second call ring to work, if not I would like to go back to the original ROM or if someone has a better suggestion let me know.
Now, what I don't understand:
It is rooted and when I go to the help sites they tell you to unlock it. Even those that have similar problems like mine that is already rooted. Also, it says that you must install the recovery image. I wouldn't think that I have to do those steps? Also, one wrote:Copy recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img to a location where fastboot can find it. On the SD card?
One site said to go to the bootloader and do a Nand restore.
I went to the bootloader and tried to do a Nand Restore and It comes back: E: Couldn't open directory /sdcard/nandroid. I don't see a Nandroid folder any where on the SD card.
I was able to do a backup and this time it recognized the backup. The only problem it is my backup lol.
Can you just wipe the SD card or get a new one and start from scratch?
I would appreciate anyone's help. I would like to get out from under Steve Jobs thumb and get rid of my iPhone. I have computers running Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04, Linux Mint 8, Fedora 12, OpenSuse 11.2 and Mac Snow leopard. So, what ever operating system would be easier to do this let me know. And please if someone can, start from where I need to start. Both, to reinstall the Original ROM (which I don't believe I have anymore) or a new ROM. I don't have any of the programs downloaded on my computer yet. I know this may sound simple to most but, I don't want this to turn this phone into a $500.00 paperweight(which I have read has happened). One thing good thing that I can say about the iPhone is, if you Jailbreak it, you can just plug it in and hit the restore button and you are back to the factory settings. I wish we could have something like this and also, hope someone creates at least a Beta version for Sense to fix these bugs.
One last thing, does anyone believe that Google is not going to continue the Nexus One? Just an internet rumor for now, I guess.
Thanks again!

Last edited:

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
Can't remember if it did that squeal on the stock ROM or not but I knoe that it did it with Sense, Modaco a12-a21 , Kingklicks V.3-v1.0,and also Cyanogen. so i imagine that it did it on the Stock ROM. As far as bluetooth on the Modaco if you keep trying to connect sometimes you can get it to pair. You already have the recovery image on the device, turn the phone off and hold the Power button and trackball. That will boot you into Fastboot, from there you can access recovery and it will give you a list of options that you can perform. ALWAYS nandroid. Look in your file manager. I use Astro. when you see /sd-card, that is the root. then you have folders. Make sure that the ROM you download is on the Root of the Card. Boot into recovery. Nandroid,wipe dalvik cache,wipe the system, load from SD-card, select the file(ROM in this case) that you want to load and hit the trackball. Allow it to install and reboot. I suggest that before you wipe anything go into load from sd card and make sure the file is there. Otherwise you're going to have to do it through the PC. Hope that helps.

anon(20649)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have to wait until I get back to the phone. But, I went into recovery by pressing down the volume key while pressing the power. Is that the same thing?