reverting back to the original ROM and OTA updates

kgeissler

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my Nexus One last week and quickly rooted it and flashed CyanogenMod. Before I did, I did a nandroid backup of the original ROM. If I flash that original ROM back (the nandroid backup one), will I get OTA updates again or is there something more I need to do?

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I think rooting has nothing to do with OTA. I might be wrong, but you will be fine either way.
Probably before you get an OTA update, you will grab a link to it and install it before lol

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I got my Nexus One last week and quickly rooted it and flashed CyanogenMod. Before I did, I did a nandroid backup of the original ROM. If I flash that original ROM back (the nandroid backup one), will I get OTA updates again or is there something more I need to do?

As long as you are running a non-stock recovery image (which you have to in order to run Cyanogen) you will not be able to install OTA updates. If you are running a stock rom I believe it will still prompt you to download, but the install will fail since the recovery is not the proper image. The only way to receive and install OTA updates as you would on a virgin N1 would be to revert to the stock rom and recovery images.

rickydross

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
As long as you are running a non-stock recovery image (which you have to in order to run Cyanogen) you will not be able to install OTA updates. If you are running a stock rom I believe it will still prompt you to download, but the install will fail since the recovery is not the proper image. The only way to receive and install OTA updates as you would on a virgin N1 would be to revert to the stock rom and recovery images.

I'm pretty new to all this...how does one revert back to stock rom/etc?

I'm running Cyanogen 5.0.8 if that makes a difference.

rugmankc

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
ricky,

You probably figured it out by now. But, the procedure is basically the same on the phone. You just have to google web and forums and find the dl links for the original rom and recovery.

Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781