OK so I have a vodafone uk nexus one with an epf30 build
    I eventually managed to unlock it using superboot (I think)
    I have downloaded a couple of froyo roms and copied them into my SD card and renamed them update (didn't add the .zip bit because they're already zip files)
    now when I try to update my phone it fails. ........ I'll have to try again in a second to see what it actually says and add to this

If anyone has any ideas I'd be eternally grateful

Thanks
    Ian
    06-24-2010 07:15 AM
    OK just tried again this is what it says

--install from SD card
    Finding update package
    Opening update package
    Verifying update package
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation failed

Doesn't matter what rom I use it does it with all
    Please help I need some froyo goodness
    06-24-2010 07:26 AM
    If your unlocked you will have an unlock symbol at bottom of screen when you boot phone. Make sure USB debugging is checked under Settings/apps/development.

You can also copy and paste the error message into google, it comes up a lot. May be other options available.

I assume you only have one ROM on the card at a time.

Ken
    07-22-2010 09:27 PM
    ok so long and painful story ..... basicly my nexus went faulty (no mobile signal) and was replaced by vodafone for a new one
    i've rooted it again and have the unlock symbol and the little ninja SU icon in my menu
    but after flashing the latest amonRA to the phone i cant get the stupid thing to enter recovery
    if i select it the screen goes blank and it doesnt matter what i do it wont do anything until i pull the battery out and restart the phone into normal usage

any ideas guys????
    09-24-2010 06:14 PM
    Ahhhhhhh I found the reason ....... my nexus is one of the newer ones with an slcd screen

After hunting for ages I found an amon RA recovery that works with my screen
    If your interested its version 1.8
    I don't know if it works with all nexus but reading around it it looks as if it should

Ok next prob
    I downloaded a copy of cyanogen to put on (again I had to find one that works with slcd)
    This one flashes over no probs but then gets stuck in an endless boot fault
    I've left it in the boot for ages ( android on skateboard cyanogen logo swirly thing) and it wont actually start

Anyone got any ideas??????

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    10-06-2010 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD