I have installed the Cyanogen superboot mod. I tried the manual update from modaco and i get a verification error. Apparently this is because the SuperBoot mod prevents updates that will remove the root access... fair enough. What happens when my phone gets pushed the official update? Will it still get a verification error? or will i get the multi touch goodness too?
    02-03-2010 04:17 AM
    UPDATE:

For those of you that rooted and installed Superboot and multi touch brower. You are more than likely having problems getting the new N1 update onto your phone. Whether its OTA or otherwise.

You will need Amon-Ra's recovery tool 1.5.3 located here -
    [GUIDE] Rooting and Installing Amon Ra's Recovery on the Nexus One - Android Forums
    All instructions on how to install Amon-Ra's recovery are on that web page. If i can do it... anyone can!

Once you have the new recovery You will need the google update and radio update located here -
    02/Feb ERE27 - Full new update in main update zip, radio update zip, insecure boot image and superboot image - Android @ MoDaCo

Download the main update and the radio update.

Put them both onto your SD cards root directory

boot into the recovery menu by holding the VOL- key and power button.

Select Flash Zip from SD card.

Update the radio 1st. Follow on screen instructions. It will reboot back into the recovery when you restart the phone.

Select the main update and again follow on screen instructions.

Reboot your phone...

Voila!

There Are MANY guides out there saying exactly what i have just said. But they are all assuming you know your N1 and Android like the back of your hand. Both of which are false for me. I hope this helps another complete n00b lol

Credits to Aman-Ra for his excellent recovery tool. And MoDaCo for providing the update in a usable form
    02-03-2010 07:01 AM
    Exactly why I stay away from things like this... sounds like a pain to apply the latest update.
    02-03-2010 08:35 AM
    only a pain if you installed the SuperBoot image by Cyanogen. If you were ballsy enough to do the SuperBoot image, then this is just something else to learn. Easy enough to return to stock, minus the unlocked boot loader
    02-03-2010 08:59 AM
    only a pain if you installed the SuperBoot image by Cyanogen. If you were ballsy enough to do the SuperBoot image, then this is just something else to learn. Easy enough to return to stock, minus the unlocked boot loader
    I have not taken the step of modding any Android device yet. Eventually I'll get to it once have time to really check it out.
    02-03-2010 10:05 AM
    I've taken the time to learn all of this stuff the past day or so and it's pretty straight forward. Yeah, you are stuck with a unlocked bootloader but oh well... small price to pay.
    02-22-2010 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD