has the nexus been overclocked?

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
anybody? also there was a post about the droid going to 1.3ghz but that the nexus was faster. the article didnt post any numbers or benchmarks. does anybody know where this info is?

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
It could have been a multiple things. The Droid may have. been unstable at those speeds, or the 2.1.1 OS on the N1 was able to out perform the 2.0.1 OS on the Droid.

PHLAK

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
What about under-clocking? I probably wouldn't do this, but it might be nice to have when you need that extra battery life.

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
What about under-clocking? I probably wouldn't do this, but it might be nice to have when you need that extra battery life.

Nexus One already clocks down when used lightly or idle. You can install setCPU to gain more control over this functionality.

The new (unreleased) ERE36B update seems to have dramatically improved my battery life. Look for some great improvements in the next OTA update.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

root, then can use SetCPU to throttle down the CPU, and also create various profiles... it's awesome... i just installed it so hoping it improves battery life... which it should in theory, just hoping it do something noticeable in practice...

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
The new (unreleased) ERE36B update seems to have dramatically improved my battery life. Look for some great improvements in the next OTA update.

i keep reading on xda and modaco that a lot of folks that updated the radio to ERE36B or EPE54B have switched back to the ERE27 update1 official radio...

i'm going to hold off on updating from the ERE27 radio until one comes out that is more stable...