Reviews don't look so good.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...player+reviews
    WiFi connection issues is a big NO for me. Stupid this thing does not even have a Ethernet port. I cancelled my preorder last week when the Fire TV updated it Netflix channel so I have no need for this. Also it is too centralized on Google Play content. I know the Fire TV is Amazon Instant centralized but at least with Prime you get free programs to watch. Everything except music is all PPV crap. No thanks.

Still can't wait until some consumers get a hand on this thing but I am definitely not buying it.
    11-04-2014 05:35 PM
    I'll keep you posted when I get mine. The NP has Wifi AC which I have and is blazing fast, worst case is I can plug in my ethernet usb adapter into the micro usb port. I did this with my previous android box. I also have a small usb hub to plug in other devices.

I think the thing to remember is this is early days for all these devices, regardless if you have Fire TV, Roku, or Apple. I look at it like this is a gen 2 device and in a couple of years we should get to the point where h/w meets the demands for video and gaming and whatever else you want to do.

From a content perspective I don't want Amazon, Google or Apple, I want XBMC and other open source providers, the nice thing about the NP is that it is pure android and devs will exploit that to deliver interesting apps.
    11-05-2014 09:14 AM
    I'm already sold on the Fire TV stick over this one. The stick is slower, but they wouldn't sell it you can't navigate the menu smoothly and play 1080p contents. I'm not looking to play highend PC games here, and it have the same memory size as the Nexus Player for 1/5th the cost. I'm sure Nexus Play will improve in the future as it's Google after all, but I like what Amazon is doing. I've actually been using Amazon Appstore more than PlayStore, due to the free contents and occasional bonus of coins. By using coins, I don't have to put in my credit card info for the account shared by the family or have to buy gift cards. The fact that the Fire TV stick can do Miracast as well pretty much seal the deal for me.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    11-05-2014 10:26 AM
    I read in one of the reviews that the micro USB connection is only good for developers to test apps and it can't be used for anything else. Still try it when you get the unit to see if it will work bit I will pass as the Fire TV has all the apps I need.
    11-05-2014 11:58 AM
    Yes I read that, I also read in the android community that the USB has OTG which provides connectivity to USB hubs and dongles.
    11-05-2014 02:05 PM