Has anybody been able to get Chrome working on their Nexus Player?

This is the one thing holding me back. Ideally, I'd like it to be officially supported, but if it will sideload and work properly I'm fine with that too.

I've been looking through reviews and haven't found one that says anything about this being successful yet either.
    11-05-2014 01:54 PM
    I haven`t seen anything confirming this, but am sure it is not an issue. If you look at the ADT-1 which is the dev version of the nexus player (not the same hardware), devs have loaded chrome right from the playstore. It will require a bluetooth mouse to navigate any web pages.

Any app can be sideloaded from what I understand, but will not appear in the main launcher window (called the leanback launcher). There are other launchers one called chainfire and sideload or sideloader. The other option is you would have to go into the settings and launch from there each time.

I believe some smart dev will come up with a nice way to run non ATV apps.
    Greg C and UN4GTBL like this.
    11-05-2014 02:03 PM
    I haven`t seen anything confirming this, but am sure it is not an issue. If you look at the ADT-1 which is the dev version of the nexus player (not the same hardware), devs have loaded chrome right from the playstore. It will require a bluetooth mouse to navigate any web pages.

Any app can be sideloaded from what I understand, but will not appear in the main launcher window (called the leanback launcher). There are other launchers one called chainfire and sideload or sideloader. The other option is you would have to go into the settings and launch from there each time.

I believe some smart dev will come up with a nice way to run non ATV apps.
    I just bought this mouse on Amazon. I can see Opera and Dolphin Browser eventually developing a browser. With Google backing this device I believe there will be quite a few apps within the next few months. Of course this hinges upon how popular the Nexus Player is and how certain developers are that Google will stand behind it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4029392
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    11-05-2014 09:04 PM
    Not sure there will ever be an ATV version of browsers as once you get to a website navigating each website is different and would require a mouse. I can see them expanding their voice search to better answer specific questions.

In regards to the mouse and keyboard I was thinking that if the USB hub works via OTG like it does with my other android box I might be able to get away with my standard wireless mouse. I will let you know when I get my box.

I have read on the Nexus Player community that people are starting to get billed on their credit card for the player, which means it should be shipping very soon.
    UN4GTBL likes this.
    11-06-2014 08:08 AM