Thinking of getting a nexus player

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
On your Mac book and apple TV you are using your apple account to accomplish all those things, on the nexus player you would use your google account and their services to accomplish the same thing---google movies and TV

Posted via the Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No one on here would ever encourage the downloading of torrents or any other illegaly obtained media. However, I figure there's at least one video player out there plus Chromecast capability, which means if you (legally and justifiably of course) own any media you could play it on an Android TV, provided it's in a compatible format. Which I'm guessing would be MP4 (H.264 and VP8 video with AAC or MP3 audio)

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I guess lol but everybody uses torrent ;) lol chrome cast will only work on chrome or YouTube

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Really so all cast or local cast I can download a movie from torrent website and stream it from my macbook using either app and stream it on my nexus player?

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Really so all cast or local cast I can download a movie from torrent website and stream it from my macbook using either app and stream it on my nexus player?

There's a couple of possibilities. Not sure about that specific one, but if you have an Android phone one of those apps would work. There's a Chrome app that would work too.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
But nothing from google themselfs that has a casting video app

No, Google wants you to use their stuff, just like Apple. However, in general, unlike Apple, they don't stop anyone ELSE from coming up with things that bypass their stuff. Hence apps like LocalCast and the like (including the solution described above).

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh OK so local cast is good to stream anything from my computer to nexus player?
No, Google wants you to use their stuff, just like Apple. However, in general, unlike Apple, they don't stop anyone ELSE from coming up with things that bypass their stuff. Hence apps like LocalCast and the like (including the solution described above).

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh OK so local cast is good to stream anything from my computer to nexus player?

It'll stream anything from your phone, or from network storage (SMB, DNLA) that your phone can access to a Chromecast (or a Nexus player pretending to be a Chromecast).

The Chrome app is called Videostream, that might work too if you're willing to install Chrome on your Mac.

Building in Chromecast functionality was pretty smart on Google's part, gave them an already existing ecosystem of apps to work with while people develop AndroidTV-specific apps. I have no doubt a network-based media player is being worked on for AndroidTV, if one isn't out there already.

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
It'll stream anything from your phone, or from network storage (SMB, DNLA) that your phone can access to a Chromecast (or a Nexus player pretending to be a Chromecast).

The Chrome app is called Videostream, that might work too if you're willing to install Chrome on your Mac.

Building in Chromecast functionality was pretty smart on Google's part, gave them an already existing ecosystem of apps to work with while people develop AndroidTV-specific apps. I have no doubt a network-based media player is being worked on for AndroidTV, if one isn't out there already.
I already have chrome browser installed on my Mac

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
So I got my nexus player but when I use video stream my tv shows the video stream logos but doesn't play my video and chrome shows the video but doesn't play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz