"Casting" from desktop Chrome browser to TV - is the Nexus Player the right device?

jaydee77

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello all! Thanks for your time on this...

I'm trying to figure out a way to send what I'm watching in my Chrome browser (video streams that are not on Youtube, Netflix, etc) on my PC to the TV. I read that there was support for this with Chromecast, but that the experience was laggy/inefficient. Is the Nexus Player capable of this and how well does it work? Or am I better just continuing to drag my computer next to an HDMI cable to get what I'm watching on the TV?

Let me know if I can clarify anything... better suggestions for my media experience are welcomed as well haha. :-[

Wilberries

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Does your PC/internet service have wifi ac support, if it does then your are in business. If you have ethernet to a router only, its more complicated, but doable.

Ethernet only means you have to get additional hardware like a USB to ethernet adapter, run cable, etc.

If you have wifi ac then its very straight forward.

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Tbh I use videostream. I open it. Drag the video into chrome and than cast it to my TV. Not once have I lagged or got disconnected.