FTP access to an external USB drive connected to the Nexus Player and running Servers Ultimate Pro.

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I'm thinking. I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router with an External USB 3.0 5TB HDD serving files. I want to unburden the router and use the Nexus Player running Servers Ultimate Pro as my FTP server. The problem I keep running into is the Servers Ultimate Pro app can't serve files from the connected USB device. Or, maybe it can and I'm simply overlooking the method of configuration. Anybody want to weigh in on this?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I'm thinking. I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router with an External USB 3.0 5TB HDD serving files. I want to unburden the router and use the Nexus Player running Servers Ultimate Pro as my FTP server. The problem I keep running into is the Servers Ultimate Pro app can't serve files from the connected USB device. Or, maybe it can and I'm simply overlooking the method of configuration. Anybody want to weigh in on this?

Welcome to Android Central!

Do you have to give the Nexus permission to do this via the router? Maybe its blocking the ip it is using from doing that?

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply. No, my setup is a 4 Port USB with a bluetooth keyboard dongle and the USB Drive. I can mount the Drive with ES File Manager Pro and I can access it, it just won't allow me to server files from anything except the internal storage or the SD which it doesn't have. I might try it with a flash drive and mount that as internal storage and see what I get there.