I want to keep my photo album on my phone synced with my Google Photos account, not just have GP upload new pictures. I'm the type who takes several shots of the same thing to later choose my favorite and delete the others. Well as you can imagine my Google account still has all the unused deleted photos. How can I fix this without manually deleting them one at a time from Google?
    05-12-2016 03:28 PM
    If you delete them directly from the Google Photos app (or from the web site), the actual photo is deleted from your phone... but if you use the built in Gallery app or a file manager, any picture you delete from your phone will remain in Google Photos if it's already been backed up. So to achieve what you want, just make sure you're deleting the unwanted pictures using the Photos app and the corresponding online version will also be gone.

One caveat though. Depending on your specific phone and Android version, if your pictures are stored in an SD card, Photos might not be able to delete the actual files due to Android SD Card write restrictions in newer OS versions.
    05-12-2016 03:35 PM