So somewhere along the line since I got my s6, I moved photos into folders and they didnt get backed up onto google. Had the unfortunate situation of having to do a factory reset after getting locked out of my phone. I have discovered that the photos are still appearing on my deactivated s3 in the folders and the google photos. My dilemma...how can I retrieve the missing photos...get them onto my reset phone. Are they gone from google entirely? I suppose I can try a data transfer of the folders, but that phone is deactivated. .. Please help. Also, did they get deleted from google when I transferred them to folders and deleted them from the camera roll? Thanks.
    05-22-2016 10:13 AM
    Welcome to the forums.
    they didnt get backed up onto google.
    My dilemma...how can I retrieve the missing photos...get them onto my reset phone. Are they gone from google entirely?
    If they never got synced to Google, they aren't there. Once something is deleted in Android, it's gone. There always is a chance that something can be done to recovery them, but that is an astronomically low chance.

Also, did they get deleted from google when I transferred them to folders and deleted them from the camera roll?
    When you delete something off the device, and it's still connected to Google, I think it does get deleted that way. I can't recall for sure, though.
    05-22-2016 10:37 AM
    Copy the photos to a computer, then copy them to the new phone. Or run WiFi File Transfer on one phone, a web browser on the other one (it doesn't matter which is which) and transfer the files that way.
    05-22-2016 12:46 PM
    thank you for the advice.
    05-22-2016 08:48 PM