Caching photos

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway to force google photos to keep copies of all photos on the phone? I regularly want to look at old photos when I don't have a connection and unless I have looked at them recently, they are gone to the cloud and only come back when I have a connection.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Depending on how many photos you have, that could take up a gigantic amount of your internal storage. Most if not all of the thumbnails should be available, but if every single photo were actually cached locally at full size, you could easily run out of room.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As I was thinking about your question, I actually wondered about this as well. I'm not aware of any way to do that off the top of my head, but at this time, I only have access to my Pixel 2 XL, which doesn't have an SD card. I'll check my daughter's Lenovo Tab 4 8 later, since that thing has an SD slot.

adrianm1

Sep 4, 2018
Visit site
Might the answer be in the google-photos no longer deletes sd card thead?

I have no recent Android hardware to test it out on but at least on 4.2.2 it seems photos on SD card are totally immune from being "tidied away to the cloud". With the gigantic SD cards available today, "freeing up space" becomes moot. This will probably be my solution to the problem I set out in that other thread. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy