RIP my 2 XL...

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Still ran great but had multiple battle scars from drops (no case) and 2-1/2 years of reliable use. I was holding out for the 4a, but with BB dropping the 3a to $279 plus $35 in BB credits, I pulled the trigger - $267.65 w/tax for a new 64 GB 3a. I'll give the Pixel 5 a look later this year, but I'm more reluctant to drop that kind of money on a phone these days.

Anyway, the Pixel 2 XL is possibly the best Pixel made to this point. Unlike other phones, my 2 XL seemed to perform as well as it did when new, and any battery degradation was hardly noticeable. The longest I've owned a phone in quite some time. I'd have no problem getting another one if they were still available new.

My first gen pixel just hit the 2 year mark and it's working better than new thanks to Android 10 on board. It's in an OtterBox defender and looks absolutely brand new. I picked it up unlocked, brand new sealed in the box for pocket change, and plan on using it till it developes some kind of actual problem. The battery life was already great, and it got a little bit better with Android 10, so it's actually better 2 years down the road then it was originally. Crazy huh? Lol.

Pixels are great phones if you get a good one and take care of it :p I also restart mine daily and use almost no third party apps, plus I don't run the battery way down and don't leave it plugged in charging all night ;-)

ainfinity

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Killed my Pixel XL about a year ago, picked up a Pixel 2 XL 128 from swappa mint, still running strong hope to keep using till it dies.