Still ran great but had multiple battle scars from drops (no case) and 2-1/2 years of reliable use. I was holding out for the 4a, but with BB dropping the 3a to $279 plus $35 in BB credits, I pulled the trigger - $267.65 w/tax for a new 64 GB 3a. I'll give the Pixel 5 a look later this year, but I'm more reluctant to drop that kind of money on a phone these days.

Anyway, the Pixel 2 XL is possibly the best Pixel made to this point. Unlike other phones, my 2 XL seemed to perform as well as it did when new, and any battery degradation was hardly noticeable. The longest I've owned a phone in quite some time. I'd have no problem getting another one if they were still available new.
    06-02-2020 12:30 PM
    Congrats on your 3a!

I really miss the notification LED of the 2 XL though
    gendo667 likes this.
    06-02-2020 12:40 PM
    Still ran great but had multiple battle scars from drops (no case) and 2-1/2 years of reliable use. I was holding out for the 4a, but with BB dropping the 3a to $279 plus $35 in BB credits, I pulled the trigger - $267.65 w/tax for a new 64 GB 3a. I'll give the Pixel 5 a look later this year, but I'm more reluctant to drop that kind of money on a phone these days.

Anyway, the Pixel 2 XL is possibly the best Pixel made to this point. Unlike other phones, my 2 XL seemed to perform as well as it did when new, and any battery degradation was hardly noticeable. The longest I've owned a phone in quite some time. I'd have no problem getting another one if they were still available new.
    I handed over my pixel 2 XL Panda over a year and a half ago and she still uses it and love it. I had Pixel 3 XL for that time and just landed a steel in a brand new pixel 4 XL over the weekend. Pixel 4 XL is nice. polished and refined.

I'll be upgrading the wife to pixel 5 XL when they come out. She holds on to her phones for 3+ years, so it's worth the flagship money for her. I on the other hand need a new phone every year and that's why a bargain hunt hehehe. The pixel 4 XL I picked up locally was half the price of a new one. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Enjoy your pixel 3a. Nice budget phone that will run another 2 years with no issues.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-02-2020 06:43 PM
    The 3a is just amazing. There are times when I still wish I'd pulled the trigger on the Not Pink Pixel 3a. I agree with you: the Pixel 2 line was beastly, and it was definitely a line you could use long-term. I had my Pixel 2 for a year and a half (that's long for me), and I have a friend who is still using the Pixel 2 XL he bought at launch.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-15-2020 09:12 AM
    Fortunately, my P2 is still chugging along like it did when brand new, as my 2017 Christmas present! It's clearly a great phone! I will, however, get the P5 when it comes out, because of the lack of backups at the end of the P2's 3 year backup lifespan. I'm looking forward to the great things that the P5 will bring!
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    06-18-2020 11:14 PM
    Fortunately, my P2 is still chugging along like it did when brand new, as my 2017 Christmas present! It's clearly a great phone! I will, however, get the P5 when it comes out, because of the lack of backups at the end of the P2's 3 year backup lifespan. I'm looking forward to the great things that the P5 will bring!
    Wow, that's wonderful longevity! The Pixel 2 line can definitely stand the test of time. That's so exciting that you're going to get Pixel 5 when it comes out! I'm excited for its launch, as well!
    06-23-2020 10:35 PM
    Wow, that's wonderful longevity! The Pixel 2 line can definitely stand the test of time. That's so exciting that you're going to get Pixel 5 when it comes out! I'm excited for its launch, as well!
    I kept my Windows Phone Icon for 4 years before getting the Pixel 2. I'm not a "mad-phone-changer". I like hanging on to phones that "work". I certaily hope that the P5 will JUST WORK!!
    J Dubbs and Morty2264 like this.
    06-23-2020 10:53 PM
    I kept my Windows Phone Icon for 4 years before getting the Pixel 2. I'm not a "mad-phone-changer". I like hanging on to phones that "work". I certaily hope that the P5 will JUST WORK!!
    That is really awesome! I agree that when a phone "just works," you want to keep it as long as possible! I felt the same way about the Pixel 2.

I do, too! Can't wait for its launch!
    06-24-2020 09:08 AM
    Two and a half years is a good run. Congrats on the new device.

mustang7757 and Morty2264 like this.
    06-24-2020 10:21 AM
    I was waiting for the Pixel 5, but i just paid $75 to replace the battery in my Pixel 2 so I can get another year and wait for the Pixel 6. Two main reasons.

First, I'm running Android 11 beta on my Pixel 2 so I will get one more version upgrade (amazing to think it came with Oreo and will get three version upgrades).

Second, all leaks seem to pointing to the Pixel 5 having the 765 chipset. Even if the 5 has more RAM, the benchmarks I've looked at put the Pixel 2's 835 ahead of the 765.

I won't get wireless charging or 5G (which isn't going to be in my area for awhile anyway), so given my Pixel 2 is running as smooth as three years ago, I am going to hold out and hope goolge does something special with the Pixel 6.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    07-18-2020 04:51 PM
    I was waiting for the Pixel 5, but i just paid $75 to replace the battery in my Pixel 2 so I can get another year and wait for the Pixel 6. Two main reasons.

First, I'm running Android 11 beta on my Pixel 2 so I will get one more version upgrade (amazing to think it came with Oreo and will get three version upgrades).

Second, all leaks seem to pointing to the Pixel 5 having the 765 chipset. Even if the 5 has more RAM, the benchmarks I've looked at put the Pixel 2's 835 ahead of the 765.

I won't get wireless charging or 5G (which isn't going to be in my area for awhile anyway), so given my Pixel 2 is running as smooth as three years ago, I am going to hold out and hope goolge does something special with the Pixel 6.
    That's pretty cool your holding onto it another year .
    07-19-2020 01:44 AM
    That is the testament to the good investment of Pixel phones. Three years on it is on the latest software and running strong.
    07-19-2020 01:11 PM
    07-19-2020 03:00 PM
    That is the testament to the good investment of Pixel phones. Three years on it is on the latest software and running strong.
    I agree with that. The Pixel 2xl is wonderful. My favourite phone in many years. Possibly ever.
    07-19-2020 03:14 PM
    I agree with that. The Pixel 2xl is wonderful. My favourite phone in many years. Possibly ever.
    I wish they retained the notification LED on the later models.

I guess they didn't find enough room on the 4 XL's forehead for that tiny LED...
    mustang7757 and cyndie1030 like this.
    07-19-2020 04:41 PM
    I wish they retained the notification LED on the later models.

I guess they didn't find enough room on the 4 XL's forehead for that tiny LED...
    There is room. They decided to get rid of it.
    07-19-2020 07:45 PM
    There is room. They decided to get rid of it.
    Yeah
    07-19-2020 08:03 PM

Oooooo, those are all good reasons to hold onto the P2 for another year ... I'll need to really research the known information about the P5 as it gets closer to a release date. My battery is still good, but a couple of weeks ago I changed my carrier plan to an unlimited data one, then found out that being OFF wifi and ON unlimited data used a little more battery, and made the phone slightly slower. I don't know if the phone will adjust to it,or not. Hope so!
    07-22-2020 10:08 PM
    I just picked up a never used launch Pixel 2 from a friend yesterday. Was still in the wrapper in the box. Using it now. It's running great after all the updates etc.
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    07-26-2020 03:54 AM
    I just picked up a never used launch Pixel 2 from a friend yesterday. Was still in the wrapper in the box. Using it now. It's running great after all the updates etc.
    What a deal!! Wonder why your friend got a phone and never used it? I just love my 2xl
    07-26-2020 04:01 AM
    What a deal!! Wonder why your friend got a phone and never used it? I just love my 2xl
    He decided it was too big. He's a big fan of the original iPhone SE.
    07-26-2020 04:16 AM

My first gen pixel just hit the 2 year mark and it's working better than new thanks to Android 10 on board. It's in an OtterBox defender and looks absolutely brand new. I picked it up unlocked, brand new sealed in the box for pocket change, and plan on using it till it developes some kind of actual problem. The battery life was already great, and it got a little bit better with Android 10, so it's actually better 2 years down the road then it was originally. Crazy huh? Lol.

Pixels are great phones if you get a good one and take care of it :-P I also restart mine daily and use almost no third party apps, plus I don't run the battery way down and don't leave it plugged in charging all night ;-)
    07-27-2020 04:11 AM
    Pixels are great phones if you get a good one
    07-27-2020 12:15 PM
    Killed my Pixel XL about a year ago, picked up a Pixel 2 XL 128 from swappa mint, still running strong hope to keep using till it dies.
    08-11-2020 04:14 AM