Still ran great but had multiple battle scars from drops (no case) and 2-1/2 years of reliable use. I was holding out for the 4a, but with BB dropping the 3a to $279 plus $35 in BB credits, I pulled the trigger - $267.65 w/tax for a new 64 GB 3a. I'll give the Pixel 5 a look later this year, but I'm more reluctant to drop that kind of money on a phone these days.

Anyway, the Pixel 2 XL is possibly the best Pixel made to this point. Unlike other phones, my 2 XL seemed to perform as well as it did when new, and any battery degradation was hardly noticeable. The longest I've owned a phone in quite some time. I'd have no problem getting another one if they were still available new.
    06-02-2020 12:30 PM
    Congrats on your 3a!

I really miss the notification LED of the 2 XL though
    gendo667 likes this.
    06-02-2020 12:40 PM
    Still ran great but had multiple battle scars from drops (no case) and 2-1/2 years of reliable use. I was holding out for the 4a, but with BB dropping the 3a to $279 plus $35 in BB credits, I pulled the trigger - $267.65 w/tax for a new 64 GB 3a. I'll give the Pixel 5 a look later this year, but I'm more reluctant to drop that kind of money on a phone these days.

Anyway, the Pixel 2 XL is possibly the best Pixel made to this point. Unlike other phones, my 2 XL seemed to perform as well as it did when new, and any battery degradation was hardly noticeable. The longest I've owned a phone in quite some time. I'd have no problem getting another one if they were still available new.
    I handed over my pixel 2 XL Panda over a year and a half ago and she still uses it and love it. I had Pixel 3 XL for that time and just landed a steel in a brand new pixel 4 XL over the weekend. Pixel 4 XL is nice. polished and refined.

I'll be upgrading the wife to pixel 5 XL when they come out. She holds on to her phones for 3+ years, so it's worth the flagship money for her. I on the other hand need a new phone every year and that's why a bargain hunt hehehe. The pixel 4 XL I picked up locally was half the price of a new one. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Enjoy your pixel 3a. Nice budget phone that will run another 2 years with no issues.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-02-2020 06:43 PM
    The 3a is just amazing. There are times when I still wish I'd pulled the trigger on the Not Pink Pixel 3a. I agree with you: the Pixel 2 line was beastly, and it was definitely a line you could use long-term. I had my Pixel 2 for a year and a half (that's long for me), and I have a friend who is still using the Pixel 2 XL he bought at launch.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-15-2020 09:12 AM
    Fortunately, my P2 is still chugging along like it did when brand new, as my 2017 Christmas present! It's clearly a great phone! I will, however, get the P5 when it comes out, because of the lack of backups at the end of the P2's 3 year backup lifespan. I'm looking forward to the great things that the P5 will bring!
    Laura Knotek and Morty2264 like this.
    06-18-2020 11:14 PM
    Fortunately, my P2 is still chugging along like it did when brand new, as my 2017 Christmas present! It's clearly a great phone! I will, however, get the P5 when it comes out, because of the lack of backups at the end of the P2's 3 year backup lifespan. I'm looking forward to the great things that the P5 will bring!
    Wow, that's wonderful longevity! The Pixel 2 line can definitely stand the test of time. That's so exciting that you're going to get Pixel 5 when it comes out! I'm excited for its launch, as well!
    06-23-2020 10:35 PM
    Wow, that's wonderful longevity! The Pixel 2 line can definitely stand the test of time. That's so exciting that you're going to get Pixel 5 when it comes out! I'm excited for its launch, as well!
    I kept my Windows Phone Icon for 4 years before getting the Pixel 2. I'm not a "mad-phone-changer". I like hanging on to phones that "work". I certaily hope that the P5 will JUST WORK!!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-23-2020 10:53 PM
    I kept my Windows Phone Icon for 4 years before getting the Pixel 2. I'm not a "mad-phone-changer". I like hanging on to phones that "work". I certaily hope that the P5 will JUST WORK!!
    That is really awesome! I agree that when a phone "just works," you want to keep it as long as possible! I felt the same way about the Pixel 2.

I do, too! Can't wait for its launch!
    06-24-2020 09:08 AM
    Two and a half years is a good run. Congrats on the new device.

Morty2264 and mustang7757 like this.
    06-24-2020 10:21 AM