no December update?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3124237
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3124237

I thought pixel 2 was going to get one more update in December. When go to the update page on my phone, it basically says no more updates and last one was in october.

D

Deleted member 3124237

This is my update screen

Attachments

• 646.jpg
    646.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 21

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Pretty sure the 2XL could function decently at least another year with updates. It's a great phone, one of my favourites.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure the 2XL could function decently at least another year with updates. It's a great phone, one of my favourites.

I think the 2 XL was a stellar device - one of the best options the year it débuted. I'd purchased the smaller Pixel 2, but I'm sure I would have been happy with the 2 XL, as well. Great lineup of phones.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Are we supposed to get this update as the last one, not seeing it. Anyone get it?

EDIT: ok, this article https://www.droid-life.com/2020/12/...urity-update-now-available-for-pixel-devices/
Says being on Verizon we have to wait till next week for some reason, apparently 5G related. Even tho the pixel 2 has no 5G. So whether we actually get it or not we won’t know for sure till next week. If your not on Verizon please chime in and let us all know if you got an update today. Because inquiring minds on Verizon need to know. Lol!

Last edited:

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Just checked, and it's now available for my Verizon P2.

My phone is still working perfectly, and I keep waffling back and forth about whether to now get the P5, or maybe wait for the P6. I kept my Windows Phone ICON for 4 years before purchasing the P2 ... 2 of those years were without security updates ... and I don't know how "dangerous" it might be to go for a year without security updates. Does anyone really know??

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Just checked, and it's now available for my Verizon P2.

My phone is still working perfectly, and I keep waffling back and forth about whether to now get the P5, or maybe wait for the P6. I kept my Windows Phone ICON for 4 years before purchasing the P2 ... 2 of those years were without security updates ... and I don't know how "dangerous" it might be to go for a year without security updates. Does anyone really know??

Unless you install and give all permissions to lot's of not so well known free apps, or surf lot's of sketchy websites, you won't have any problems at all running without monthly updates. Actually doing those things WITH monthly updates would still be ill advised. You need to remember you will always have Play Protect, which is Android's built in antivirus that automatically scans your system and apps. And chrome has built in antivirus when you surf. Android is a very secure os.

Me and my wife have used our android phones just as much without monthly updates as with and never had a single issue with sensible usage. Android has a very strong sandbox design just like your windows phone you used for 2 years with no updates. With all the built in antivirus and safety features Android has the monthly security updates aren't as make or break as folks think. If you read the monthly breakdowns quite often they're just fixing small bugs. They're good to have no doubt :) but they're also a good selling point to keep people upgrading ;)

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Unless you install and give all permissions to lot's of not so well known free apps, or surf lot's of sketchy websites, you won't have any problems at all running without monthly updates. Actually doing those things WITH monthly updates would still be ill advised. You need to remember you will always have Play Protect, which is Android's built in antivirus that automatically scans your system and apps. And chrome has built in antivirus when you surf. Android is a very secure os.

Me and my wife have used our android phones just as much without monthly updates as with and never had a single issue with sensible usage. Android has a very strong sandbox design just like your windows phone you used for 2 years with no updates. With all the built in antivirus and safety features Android has the monthly security updates aren't as make or break as folks think. If you read the monthly breakdowns quite often they're just fixing small bugs. They're good to have no doubt :) but they're also a good selling point to keep people upgrading ;)
Well said! I had a company issued work phone for 4 years, it was an older model Samsung and never received an update during those 4 years. I never had a problem, my accounts were never hacked, no security issues whatsoever. As someone who works in an IT field I always tell people: good security starts with you....the device user. If you install illegitimate apps, surf unsecure sites, click any link without knowing where it came from, etc., etc. then no amount of security updates can stop bad things from happening.

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
I got the update yesterday. But after my phone restarted o checked and it still says october 5th and my device will no longer receive updates. I thought we were supposed to get the December update and then be done . Weird

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if it is not a full OS update and just a security patch which would explain the October date?

I got the update yesterday. But after my phone restarted o checked and it still says october 5th and my device will no longer receive updates. I thought we were supposed to get the December update and then be done . Weird