Mystery App drains Pixel 2 battery way too quickly-pixel-mystery-app.jpg

This UNNAMED app is draining my battery. I haven't used my phone since I had a new battery installed, yet it is halfway empty halfway thru the day. I charge it fully, then it sits. I've put the SIM card in a different phone and put the Pixel 2 in Airplane Mode.

What is this Mystery App and why is this new battery draining like I'm watching video or using Waze GPS all day?

Here's the full screenshot:
    Mystery App drains Pixel 2 battery way too quickly-pixel-screenshot_20210110.jpg

Help please!
    01-11-2021 09:44 PM
    Does it also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.google.com/pixelphon.../2852139?hl=en.
    01-11-2021 09:46 PM
    When I upgraded to Android 11 I had the same thing happen. It ended up being the TuneIn radio app. If you have that installed try uninstalling and see if it makes a difference.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-11-2021 10:35 PM
    It started after the battery replacement.

RE: Tunein, I was having a problem with that as well after Android 11 and I simply removed it. My original battery was not holding a full charge thru a day anymore and sometimes I would have to charge it twice in a day. So, I did a replacement battery - a new screen, too.

Yesterday, when I went to power it up, the LED in the upper right hand corner was red. It wouldn't power up, but the LED would show red when I pressed Power. I then attached the charging cable; the LED began blinking red. If I pressed Power, I would expect to at least see the Battery Charging image on the display, but the LED simply continued to flash red.

After an hour and a half on the charging cable, I disconnected it.

I am beginning to think there is a short. I left it turned off all day yesterday and when I turned it on today, it had 8% and quickly went down to 2% (less than 5 minutes) where it sat for at least 5 more minutes. I turned off WiFi, mobile data was already off, I put it in Airplane mode and only after all of that, about a minute later, Words with Friends 2 popped up with two notifications. What? How?

It's currently recharging but it certainly isn't acting right.

I'm using a different phone for now but I'd like to see this working again. I'm considering another factory reset. Can I do that and have all the apps automatically be restored/reinstalled?
    01-12-2021 05:36 PM
    Update
    It took hours to fully charge. When I started it at 100% battery today, after less than an hour it was at 61%.

The Battery Setting again shows this Mystery App as the one that is using most of my battery. Ugh. It's fallen to 49% and, by now, might be out of juice.

See:
    Mystery App drains Pixel 2 battery way too quickly-phone-49-pct.png
    01-13-2021 03:18 PM
    That is pretty weird. Go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System. Do you see that nameless app anywhere?
    01-13-2021 05:26 PM