Pixel Launcher Keeps Stopping

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I try to drag an icon into a folder. The Pixel Launcher appears to reset/reboot. When I immediate try to drag the same icon into the folder, I get the error 'Pixel Launcher Keeps Stopping'. From what little info there is in Googleland, the only fix I've read about is to go into the Pixel Launcher app settings and clear data/cache which will star my home settings and my elaborate alphabetical folders I've set up. I've tried switching from Nova (I've never used) to Pixel, but it still gives the error.

As a side note. The Pixel 2XL has been my favorite phone, but battery life has degraded tremendously. I read so many issues with the 4a/5 that I will not be staying with Pixel. I am looking to purchase my Co-workers Samsung Note 10.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have had zero problems with my 4a 5G. It feels so like the 2xl and is super smooth and fast. The battery life is phenomenal. I get over a day and over 8 hours screen on time with it. Don't discard it yet.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I try to drag an icon into a folder. The Pixel Launcher appears to reset/reboot. When I immediate try to drag the same icon into the folder, I get the error 'Pixel Launcher Keeps Stopping'. From what little info there is in Googleland, the only fix I've read about is to go into the Pixel Launcher app settings and clear data/cache which will star my home settings and my elaborate alphabetical folders I've set up. I've tried switching from Nova (I've never used) to Pixel, but it still gives the error.

As a side note. The Pixel 2XL has been my favorite phone, but battery life has degraded tremendously. I read so many issues with the 4a/5 that I will not be staying with Pixel. I am looking to purchase my Co-workers Samsung Note 10.
I've not read any where about Pixels having alot of issues. In fact from reading threads and posts here on AC my impression is Pixels seem to have the least issues of any other brand.
My wife and I have Pixel 4a's and haven't had any issues what so ever. We are sold on the Pixel phones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Make sure you have the latest update to andriod webview as was causing major issues yesterday , but if that's not your issue, go to settings >App>find pixel launcher and tap it and go to storage and clear data and force stop this will erase all your home screen setup

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled the Webview update. Still get the 'Pixel Launcher Keeps Stopping' when I try to drag an icon into a folder. I don't want to reset the data in the Pixel Launcher, as I will erase my elaborate alphabetical folders.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I uninstalled the Webview update. Still get the 'Pixel Launcher Keeps Stopping' when I try to drag an icon into a folder. I don't want to reset the data in the Pixel Launcher, as I will erase my elaborate alphabetical folders.
Try safe mode if it still happening there ,if so your either going try the launcher clear data and force stop or factory reset. Not a good thing when a launcher crashes .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's worth at least clearing the app cache for the Pixel Launcher app (which won't wipe your homescreen setup).

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I ended up doing a Factory Reset, which preserved my elaborate folders. But, alas, I have given up the Pixel 2XL for hopefully greener pastures with my new 'used Samsung Note 10+. It was a great 3 years Pixel 2XL.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I ended up doing a Factory Reset, which preserved my elaborate folders. But, alas, I have given up the Pixel 2XL for hopefully greener pastures with my new 'used Samsung Note 10+. It was a great 3 years Pixel 2XL.
The pixel 2xl was a great phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz