New Clock Update

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
About 2 weeks ago I was talking to a friend on my P2, and the phone suddenly rebooted ... about 4 times during an hour long conversation. I was really worried as I was already noticing that my battery was running out sooner, so I was thinking "am I going to be able to hold on until the Pixel 6 phones are for sale"? When I went to bed that night I set my alarm and noticed that the alarm page looked different, and in the morning when I turned off the alarm, THAT page looked different, too. Since then I have seen that all of the pages having to do with the clock system have been "updated and refreshed". Has anybody else noticed this? I've not seen anything written about this ... granted, it IS a 4 year old phone, so who cares? Just curious to see if anyone else received this surprising update.
Since then, my P2 will suddenly update on it's own, so I'm still anxiously looking forward to when I can purchase a new Pixel (holding out for maybe a deal on Black Friday, because I want the P6 Pro, maybe, if it's not TOO humongous).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It is most likely the update to Material You design, which I think is a combination of an app update as well as a server-side update.

With the age of that phone, it's certain possible the battery is deteriorating. A worn-out battery can cause a sudden shutdown or restart if it's getting stressed. Run the Battery Health feature of the AccuBattery app and see what your battery health is. Anything under 85% is pretty deteriorated.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Just noticed that my calculator app has been updated, too! I like the updates ... look very nice. Checked the battery health and I'm now down to 73% ... kinda sad! Sure hope I can hold on!
After seeing the comparison pictures of the P6/P6P, I'm definitely going for the Pro, as it's barely only a smidge larger than the P6.

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a P2 XL.
I have not noticed any clock changes. However, I lost the Google Weather Frog awhile ago. Had Google on the phone with me but they could not retrieve it. Then all of a sudden about 3 weeks ago, the Google Weather Frog came back in a updated version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney