Can't turn off Phone app notifications

Upsetter02

Jul 1, 2022
Visit site
I'm using Android 11 on a Pixel 2XL. I've gone to settings, apps & notifications, then phone notifications. Why can I not turn off any of the sliders? Many thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think it's possible, probably because it's an essential app. I checked my Pixel 6 Pro, and I can't turn off Phone app notifications there either. What notifications do you want to silence or get rid of?

Upsetter02

Jul 1, 2022
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. It wasn't any specific notifications I was trying to get rid of. I was just wondering why it can't be switched off. Cheers.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Android 11 on a Pixel 2XL. I've gone to settings, apps & notifications, then phone notifications. Why can I not turn off any of the sliders? Many thanks.
Thanks for your reply. It wasn't any specific notifications I was trying to get rid of. I was just wondering why it can't be switched off. Cheers.

It first, I thought you were speaking specifically about the Phone app notifications - the actual ringtones and turning the screen on to let you know someone is calling. But then you say it's not a specific app, so I'm just trying to understand.

Have you tried changing the sound profile to "Silent"? There are usually 3 default sound profiles - all sounds on, vibrate only, and silent. One way to cycle through them is by tapping the speaker icon when you pull down the notification shade from the top.

That won't change the on-screen notifications though. That has to be set per app.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante