Say goodbye to headphone jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Google is pretty determined to make their phones "simpler". No microSD, no removable battery, and now no headphone jack. Are you still going to buy it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google is pretty determined to make their phones "simpler". No microSD, no removable battery, and now no headphone jack. Are you still going to buy it?
Source ?

Also I don't care. I haven't plugged in headphones with my last few phones.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I very rarely use the headphone jack, only when my headphone battery dies, and that only happens on really long days. I would be fine with removing the headphone jack on any phone.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I do not buy a phone based on whether it has a headphone jack or not. That being said, yes I am still going to buy it even though I know absolutely nothing about the new model. It is a Pixel and that is good enough for meツ

On a side note, old technology has to be shed from time to time to make way for new technology.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The market seems a little 50 / 50 at this point on whether or not to include a headphone jack on their latest flagship devices. For right now, I think it's important for device OEMs to keep the headphone jack, not because we 'need' it but just have it as an option. 😃

I personally use my headphone jack fairly often and it would be a shame to see it go but it wouldn't stop me from purchasing the next Google Pixel. I have seen USB-C to 3.5mm converters so that would help ease the transition.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The market seems a little 50 / 50 at this point on whether or not to include a headphone jack on their latest flagship devices. For right now, I think it's important for device OEMs to keep the headphone jack, not because we 'need' it but just have it as an option. ??????

I personally use my headphone jack fairly often and it would be a shame to see it go but it wouldn't stop me from purchasing the next Google Pixel. I have seen USB-C to 3.5mm converters so that would help ease the transition.

Headphone jack are very simple. Plug it in and it works. We've all loved that 3.5mm headphone jack ever since it was invented. Apple removed it because of money; they will make money from 3rd party manufacturers from licenses, and selling their own product. HTC did it because they wanted to improve sound quality. However, LG was able to improve the quality without sacrificing.

By the way, being exposed to Bluetooth all the time is bad. Who knows what would happen. Did you see the video of everyone calling on their cell phones all at once? Yeah popcorn pops.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
By the way, being exposed to Bluetooth all the time is bad. Who knows what would happen. Did you see the video of everyone calling on their cell phones all at once? Yeah popcorn pops.

Being exposed to cell phones would be worse then, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy