What would it take for you to NOT upgrade to the pixel 2?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung guaranteeing 3 years of monthly updates within 48 hours of Google's release of security updates for the Note 8 or Apple fixing iOS.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Samsung guaranteeing 3 years of monthly updates within 48 hours of Google's release of security updates for the Note 8 or Apple fixing iOS.

Lol good luck with that lol. What needs fixed in IOS for your likings?

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's a done deal for me. I'll buy the big one and I'm 90% sure I'll be a tester for the small one again this year.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It's a done deal for me. I'll buy the big one and I'm 90% sure I'll be a tester for the small one again this year.

Larger one does look nice from leaks. Sad the smaller one is going to have those same huge bezels and design as the original

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Larger one does look nice from leaks. Sad the smaller one is going to have those same huge bezels and design as the original

I still don't mind that design, although I would prefer that there be a speaker on that bottom bezel instead of black space. Obviously the industry is going towards taller with smaller bezels though, so hopefully the small one catches up next year to that trend.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, they'd have to catastrophically screw it up for me not to get it.

Performance issues, camera worse than current Pixel, battery issues, screen is really bad or has an astronomical price.

Otherwise, it'll definitely be my next phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I still don't mind that design, although I would prefer that there be a speaker on that bottom bezel instead of black space. Obviously the industry is going towards taller with smaller bezels though, so hopefully the small one catches up next year to that trend.

Agree. I hope next year they go back to them being the same outside of screen and battery size.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Dual rear cameras and no headphone jack are why I won't switch. I need the headphone jack for work purposes when I work from home so I can have both hands free. It's literally a deal breaker and I know eventually I'll have to snag a bluetooth accessory w/ headphones and mic but for now, my 6P is just perfect still. I'll stick w/ it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Dual rear cameras and no headphone jack are why I won't switch. I need the headphone jack for work purposes when I work from home so I can have both hands free. It's literally a deal breaker and I know eventually I'll have to snag a bluetooth accessory w/ headphones and mic but for now, my 6P is just perfect still. I'll stick w/ it.

You could have both hands free with a bluetooth set as well though. Seems the headphone jack is a dying breed. You could always use the adapter(dongle lol)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't planning on getting one due to budget restrictions. But given what i have heard about so far, I would probably get this one. Who knows? I might get it anyway...lol

Norgoth

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Going to get the XL, I had the small Pixel, saw the Galaxy S8, fell in love and bought it. No way I am going back to those humongous bezel of the small Pixel2. I just do not understand that design decision. But I am going to def preorder the XL2.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Going to get the XL, I had the small Pixel, saw the Galaxy S8, fell in love and bought it. No way I am going back to those humongous bezel of the small Pixel2. I just do not understand that design decision. But I am going to def preorder the XL2.

Agree. I think that people who have seen/experienced a new samsung/lg won't want a device with the huge bezels anymore.

Norgoth

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I love the Pixel software and all things being equal on the hardware side I would choose Pixel over Samsung. So the XL 2 is pretty much a lock for me. The only issue for me is that I am used to slightly smaller phones and do not yet know if the XL 2 is larger than the S8 or the same size.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I love the Pixel software and all things being equal on the hardware side I would choose Pixel over Samsung. So the XL 2 is pretty much a lock for me. The only issue for me is that I am used to slightly smaller phones and do not yet know if the XL 2 is larger than the S8 or the same size.
It is larger than the S8.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still just "thinking" about it :-\

I wish the smaller model was more like the XL 2 (as the Pixel's were last year)

The way it stands now "if" I did decide to purchase one it would be the XL 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm