Are you going to upgrade to the Pixel 2?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I will .I still have the Pixel 2016.I plan on running the Pixel 2 on my other line. This time tho leaning towards the bigger Pixel .

Brian Embry

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Well I have a Nexus 6 and I'm definitely getting the new Pixel XL. The Note 8 is now out of the running. I just can't stand that tall and narrow screen.
I also have a Nexus 6 with a very buggy camera so, I'm also going to update to either a Pixel XL2 or a LG V30. Leaning towards the Pixel. I just love clean Android and I'm deep into the Google ecosystem! Yet, I love the idea of the nature of the content creation of LGs V series. Decisions!!!!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I also have a Nexus 6 with a very buggy camera so, I'm also going to update to either a Pixel XL2 or a LG V30. Leaning towards the Pixel. I just love clean Android and I'm deep into the Google ecosystem! Yet, I love the idea of the nature of the content creation of LGs V series. Decisions!!!!

I agree both of those devices sound pretty awesome.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm 99% sure I'll be getting the Pixel 2 XL.

Never owned an Android phone for a full 12 months before. Always got new flagship phone a few months in, but the Pixel XL is the most satisfied I've been with a phone ever and will have it until the Pixel 2 XL is released.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The dual front-facing speakers are the only reason I didn't get a Pixel XL last year (one doesn't realize how cool they are until you're in bed, watching a music video or whatever and you hear the stereo output). If the Pixel 2 XL has them, I'm totally in! My 6P's battery is starting to degrade noticeably and the hardware is getting a bit aged (though it's still perfectly usable).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Where do you sell your phones? I buy through Swappa, but always looking for new ideas.
On eBay, with generally acceptable results. As a matter of fact, I have a spare Nexus 5 that I have been meaning to sell but too busy to get to it...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Nexus 4 on release day. And the Nexus 5 and the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 6P and the Pixel XL.

Might as well do it again! :)

wow!!. bought Nexus 4, 6p and Pixel on day one.
Nexus S and Nexus 6 on deal. nexus 5 and nexus 7 are the only device i never purchased

Last edited:

Mohuz Badir

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
It's either the Pixel 2 or the iPhone Pro. I'm currently a Nexus 6 user who's been itching for an upgrade :p
(Still, it's a shame that I'll be going backwards in terms of some of the features!)

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
If someone on here will loan me $850 I will jump on the new Pixel XL 2. If not, guess I am keeping my Pixel XL till the Pixel XL 3 comes out next year.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking at the Sony XZ Premium and Nokia 8 and the Pixel XL 2 this year.

I've almost written off the XZ due to software hacking to get the fingerprint reader working along with the potential of losing camera blobs with rooting etc. Not a nexus like experience there but Sony has some nice stuff going on.