Are you going to upgrade to the Pixel 2?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm out on the Sony just on the fingerprint sensor alone. That is a huge issue for me. Plus I didn't like the build quality or feel in hand. Just my 2 cents.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Have an XL. While I like the larger screen, the phone is a little too big for my comfort zone. The Pixel I had "fit like a glove".
I'll be at the local Verizon store the day the P2s are released to check out the new versions. As of now, I'm thinking of going back to a Pixel

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the V20, I'm either getting the OP5 or the Pixel XL 2. Just waiting on the announcement. Hoping the Pixel XL 2 has a large battery.

Can't stand my V20 so I'm passing on the V30. Was considering the Galaxy S8 Active, but I'm not risking it with the numerous complaints about Samsung phones bogging down (one of my biggest gripes with my V20).

Or maybe, if there's a good sale, I'll just get a Moto Z2 Play and be happy with a phone that doesn't die. Just wouldn't buy that phone at its current price.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Have an XL. While I like the larger screen, the phone is a little too big for my comfort zone. The Pixel I had "fit like a glove".
I'll be at the local Verizon store the day the P2s are released to check out the new versions. As of now, I'm thinking of going back to a Pixel
That's kind of why I passed on the first Pixel XL. At the time, I was coming from a G3. Didn't want a bigger phone with the same size screen, so I opted for a bigger phone with a bigger screen instead (V20). Pixel XL 2 is going to bigger than I'd like, but at least I'd be betting a bigger screen with the same size phone that I've been using for the past year.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
That's kind of why I passed on the first Pixel XL. At the time, I was coming from a G3. Didn't want a bigger phone with the same size screen, so I opted for a bigger phone with a bigger screen instead (V20). Pixel XL 2 is going to bigger than I'd like, but at least I'd be betting a bigger screen with the same size phone that I've been using for the past year.

Once the phones are in the store to look at/hold/and fiddle with the decision will be much easier.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait to buy one.

Yeah I am looking forward to it as well. Hopefully orders aren't too far off the Oct. 5th announce. I left the Pixel XL for Samsung. While I definitely don't hate my S8+ by any means .. I do miss being on a Google phone.

I just want to come back home! lol :p.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I am looking forward to it as well. Hopefully orders aren't too far off the Oct. 5th announce. I left the Pixel XL for Samsung. While I definitely don't hate my S8+ by any means .. I do miss being on a Google phone.

I just want to come back home! lol :p.
Sell me your S8+? Or you trading it? Or just throwing it in a drawer?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Getting a free one to try out because of your positions does not count as "buy".
;)

I assume Verizon will have it just like last year and since I am with Verizon now I will just order through them.

I also most likely will order the biggest one (128 GB I assume).

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I assume Verizon will have it just like last year and since I am with Verizon now I will just order through them.

I also most likely will order the biggest one (128 GB I assume).

I am with VZW too - can walk to the store - which I will be doing on the 5th, if that is the day they are released. I have until then to get used to larger XL. TBH, the Pixel 32GB was be the best and most comfortable phone I ever owned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12