Pixel 2 = Bezelmania

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Google will be trying an old Apple tactic with the pixel 2. Re-cycle old junk with a new processor. Same huge bezels. Price it at a premium. HEY RICK, it won't work. You won't sell 50,000. People want minimum bezels in a small form fator.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Eh, it'll sell fine. Most people don't care about bezels, a lot of them even want a phone to have some bezels so they have somewhere to put their fingers. And it's only the small one. The larger one has the tiny bezels that some of the people want. There's nothing "recycled" though, where did you get that? Honestly your post feels like hyperbole, rather than a reasoned argument for or against any particular feature or action. 50,000? Sorry, the small one alone will sell that in the first few hours.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had no problem with the first Pixel. I think it was ok. If bezels get too much smaller, they will have to figure out a much better palm rejection that what is currently on most cell phones.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I had a Pixel, I loved the bezels and size. Now I have a Pixel XL, like the bezels and size.
Will not get an XL2 - don't like the looks. Might get a Pixel 2.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Wow... last year people were complaining that it didn't have water resistance and this year it's the bezels... I wonder what next year's general complaint will be...

Look if bezels are that unacceptable for you, get an S8, a G6 or if you want stock Android, get a PH1! Problem solved! ;)

Last edited:

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
That 30s not live 'live stream' was dumb and an absolute waste of my time. I guess that means no P2 news today, bezels or otherwise.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That 30s not live 'live stream' was dumb and an absolute waste of my time. I guess that means no P2 news today, bezels or otherwise.

Correct, as I said last week and the week before that, there is no device announcement today. Just the "here's the name, software is rolling out today" thing.

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
But what was the 'event' in NY exactly? Did the Android team actually do a presentation? Or did they just pop smoke from the superoreo doll and everyone sitting on the lawn went home?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Correct, as I said last week and the week before that, there is no device announcement today. Just the "here's the name, software is rolling out today" thing.

And it's not even rolling out today! So this live stream thing was just useless.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
And it's not even rolling out today! So this live stream thing was just useless.

It did roll out, I have it installed. If you don't have it yet, you can enroll in the beta and then it's available like 5 minutes after you install the beta.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
It did roll out, I have it installed. If you don't have it yet, you can enroll in the beta and then it's available like 5 minutes after you install the beta.

Doing it now. 950.7 MB d/l
After this is d/l and installed is it necessary to get out of the beta program, or since this is the final build there is no more "O" beta program?

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I didn't realize that the named actually mattered to people. I couldn't care less whether the release is called Oreo, Orange or Orphea's Edible Panties. I was actually hoping for some sort of presentation pitching the major changes in 8.0 and maybe a Pixel 2 teaser. And the super hero thing is seriously tired (Thanks Hollywood).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they did announce most of the features at IO and so there's not much unexpected, but the whole thing was definitely anti-climatic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae