09-23-2017 08:35 PM
54 123
tools
    I wish there was a dual camera, but other than that. It seems pretty darn cool. I might be tempted if it releases for T-Mobile.
    worldsoutro and RaRa85 like this.
    09-20-2017 10:51 PM
    I wish there was a dual camera, but other than that. It seems pretty darn cool. I might be tempted if it releases for T-Mobile.
    I don't think it'll support the new T-Mobile 600mhz band. That's if your looking to keep it for a while
    09-20-2017 11:47 PM
    I don't think it'll support the new T-Mobile 600mhz band. That's if your looking to keep it for a while
    I buy so many phones I'll have at least 8 next year that does so no worries
    09-21-2017 01:17 AM
    Haha... I knew you might copy me.
    I'm seriously considering it despite having to give up the DAC. If I don't get the V30 I'll just use the V20 for the DAC on my commute along with the Pixel. I already carry two phones... One more won't kill me.
    Maybe I'll buy the V30 down the road for cheap.
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    09-21-2017 05:11 AM
    Good point, however most of us here switch phones so often that features almost don't matter in some cases.
    09-21-2017 05:13 AM
    Are you looking at the 2 or 2 XL
    09-21-2017 07:24 AM
    I still think that the V30 is a better bet this year but let's see what other details come out in two weeks.
    09-21-2017 07:39 AM
    I still think that the V30 is a better bet this year but let's see what other details come out in two weeks.
    There are no bad choices among the top models. I think it's come to the point where it's what features you want and what you can live without and then going with a brand that you trust.
    dsignori and billchat like this.
    09-21-2017 08:21 AM
    Are you looking at the 2 or 2 XL
    I'm not sure actually. Haha
    09-21-2017 09:40 AM
    There are no bad choices among the top models. I think it's come to the point where it's what features you want and what you can live without and then going with a brand that you trust.
    I agree, the crop is great this year.
    billchat likes this.
    09-21-2017 09:40 AM
    I agree, the crop is great this year.
    I think it's great that Jay Leno is no longer the face model for the bezels
    09-21-2017 10:06 AM
    Is it enticing still at $950 or so for the XL model?

I have a bad feeling most "flagship" phones will start having $1000+ price tags which is just stupid. I rather wait a few months and get one used it on a heavy discount.
    09-21-2017 11:00 AM
    Oh wow really? I never thought I would see you eyeing a Google phone :P. That is cool though. Glad you're shopping around to see what works .

I will be getting the "Panda" one as others have dubbed it haha.
    Jeremiah Bonds and Aquila like this.
    09-21-2017 11:43 AM
    Oh wow really? I never thought I would see you eyeing a Google phone :P. That is cool though. Glad you're shopping around to see what works .

I will be getting the "Panda" one as others have dubbed it haha.
    That's funny because when I first signed up for this site I was just leaving the Evo to spend a few years with Nexus. I had all the nexus phones until the nexus 5, which my wife had. Haha.
    09-21-2017 11:46 AM
    I think it's great that Jay Leno is no longer the face model for the bezelshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d1f9c33733.gif
    Hahahahaha that's why I disliked the first one.
    09-21-2017 11:50 AM
    Is it enticing still at $950 or so for the XL model?

I have a bad feeling most "flagship" phones will start having $1000+ price tags which is just stupid. I rather wait a few months and get one used it on a heavy discount.
    I hate it, it's more than my TV. And the price of my laptop.
    09-21-2017 11:50 AM
    That's funny because when I first signed up for this site I was just leaving the Evo to spend a few years with Nexus. I had all the nexus phones until the nexus 5, which my wife had. Haha.
    Ah yeah I didn't know you then.. I only know you from the land of LG so I figured that was your main go to. Either way still cool :P. Would you get 64 or 128? I am going all out. Panda 128 GB Pixel 2 XL.
    09-21-2017 11:52 AM
    Ah yeah I didn't know you then.. I only know you from the land of LG so I figured that was your main go to. Either way still cool :P. Would you get 64 or 128? I am going all out. Panda 128 GB Pixel 2 XL.
    We can open a club Panda subforum.
    09-21-2017 11:56 AM
    Makes sense.. I posted scarcely, and I think I may have changed my name. Hahah.

I loved the Nexus line, I switched cause I was kind of forced, but went to LG because it was almost the same as the Nexus 4. Then switched to T-Mobile and all I was interested in was the G2. And then fast forward to now. Haha

I may just drop the extra 100 to get more space. That's what would make sense toe so I won't have to worry.

I'm not sure which color I would get.. I haven't really looked too much into it to be honest. I'll probably case it anyway.
    09-21-2017 11:57 AM
    I JUST saw the XL will be 18:9 so that's what I'm interested in.
    09-21-2017 12:00 PM
    Makes sense.. I posted scarcely, and I think I may have changed my name. Hahah.

I loved the Nexus line, I switched cause I was kind of forced, but went to LG because it was almost the same as the Nexus 4. Then switched to T-Mobile and all I was interested in was the G2. And then fast forward to now. Haha

I may just drop the extra 100 to get more space. That's what would make sense toe so I won't have to worry.

I'm not sure which color I would get.. I haven't really looked too much into it to be honest. I'll probably case it anyway.
    There's another advantage to the Pixel. It's being released with Oreo. Most other brand phones are starting with Nougat the rule of them for most seems to be a two version upgrade. Not sure if Google phones get more than two upgrades but it's still better starting out with Oreo. Of course if you get rid of your phone every year that might not be as beneficial.
    09-21-2017 12:11 PM
    There's another advantage to the Pixel. It's being released with Oreo. Most other brand phones are starting with Nougat the rule of them for most seems to be a two version upgrade. Not sure if Google phones get more than two upgrades but it's still better starting out with Oreo. Of course if you get rid of your phone every year that might not be as beneficial.
    They're usually supported for 2 years or soemthing of that nature. 3 years for security updates. So anything released in that time frame you get.
    09-21-2017 12:17 PM
    That's what I kissed about having a nexus phone was the updates. The only thing is at times nexus was lacking in build compared to the competition. Pixel has already set itself apart in their first iteration.
    Almeuit likes this.
    09-21-2017 12:20 PM
    That's what I kissed about having a nexus phone was the updates. The only thing is at times nexus was lacking in build compared to the competition. Pixel has already set itself apart in their first iteration.
    Yeah. When I was younger I didn't care as much but as I have gotten older and rely on my phone for a lot of things in day-to-day life the "Security" aspect has gone up. I feel a lot more comfortable knowing I am getting the latest patches each month.
    09-21-2017 03:28 PM
    I feel a lot more comfortable knowing I am getting the latest patches each month.
    Just think, now you get to earn an Oreo cookie patch!

Pixel 2 is pretty enticing.-oreo-cookie-patch.jpg
    billchat likes this.
    09-21-2017 03:37 PM
54 123