Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Pre Order / Shipping Discussion

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Pre Order Thread

I'm all in! 128 GB Black with an expected delivery of 10/25-10/26 (ordered 10/4 around 6PM EST). Just sold my S8+ on Swappa and will be using my old Note 3 in the meantime ... Gonna be a long couple of weeks

How much did you sell your S8+ for? Mine is mint and I want to get rid of it now

Majime_Black

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Weird, ordered my "Panda 64GB" today at Verizon since they CLAIM my zip didn't match my card (wasn't the case, just another ploy to get you in store to try and sell you something you don't want). Anyways deliver date is Nov. 1 but will probably receive sooner.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

What Im failing to understand is why people who ordered thru verizon are getting their units almost a full month in advance of those who ordered theirs during the live stream of the event, directly from Google, myself included. I ordered mine 5 minutes into the Pixel portion of the stream, 64gb, white, unlocked, trade in with old Nexus 6, est delivery of Nov 21-22. Surely there couldn't have been that many orders in a 10 min period to warrant such a date. I just went thru every step of buying direct from verizon, and they estimated Nov 1 delievery. I don't know why. I don't understand why the company that makes the phone will let a 3rd party deliver theirs first, makes no sense. Im also wondering if the trade in process is what's affecting my delivery date? My trade in kit is already on the way from Google and should be here tomorrow.

I am somewhat suspecting that the estimated dates will be expedited, hopefully that's not just wishful thinking.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Short version is that Verizon didn't score the Pixel 2 exclusive for nothing. Verizon paid big bucks or signed a contract with marketing agreements. They paid a price for that position. So Verizon likely negotiated guarantees on inventory. Otherwise Google could take their money then strangle Verizon's sales by withholding the product.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

What Im failing to understand is why people who ordered thru verizon are getting their units almost a full month in advance of those who ordered theirs during the live stream of the event, directly from Google, myself included. I ordered mine 5 minutes into the Pixel portion of the stream, 64gb, white, unlocked, trade in with old Nexus 6, est delivery of Nov 21-22. Surely there couldn't have been that many orders in a 10 min period to warrant such a date. I just went thru every step of buying direct from verizon, and they estimated Nov 1 delievery. I don't know why. I don't understand why the company that makes the phone will let a 3rd party deliver theirs first, makes no sense. Im also wondering if the trade in process is what's affecting my delivery date? My trade in kit is already on the way from Google and should be here tomorrow.

I am somewhat suspecting that the estimated dates will be expedited, hopefully that's not just wishful thinking.

Obviously you have not purchased a "just released" Nexus or Pixel phone from the Google store in the past.

If you had, you would know that this is totally par for the course; if anything, this release seems to be going a bit more smoothly than past releases. Of course, we will have to wait to see when they *actually* begin shipping vs. when they promised they would...

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com

Ordered my Pixel 2 XL 64GB Panda Unlocked from Google store with trade in kit.

Order Placed: Oct. 4th @ 10:20 PST

Shipping on: Oct. 30th

Expected on: Nov 1-2

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Pixel 2 XL Panda 128 ordered: 10/4 Delivery Nov 27-28th
Pixel 2 XL Black 128 ordered: 10/5 Delivery Oct 27-30th

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I ordered 10/4, about 4 minutes after preorders opened and I got a shipment date of 10/23, delivery 10/25-10/26. Hoping it comes a bit earlier. Coming from a Note 8 though so I am not without lol. Just super stoked, loved my OG Pixel.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

Obviously you have not purchased a "just released" Nexus or Pixel phone from the Google store in the past.

If you had, you would know that this is totally par for the course; if anything, this release seems to be going a bit more smoothly than past releases. Of course, we will have to wait to see when they *actually* b

I have before, I did the exact same thing for the Pixel last year and the 6p before that and had totally different experiences, hence the post. lol

henderjr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I ordered my Black XL pretty much right away and should get it late next week. Can't wait. Especially since I finally asked the wife today. She's just doesn't get the obsession but knows I'm a bit of a phone geek.

She's completely fine on a two year old iPhone so doesn't get my need. Anyway I sent her a long winded email about why it's a good phone and that it's actually a bit cheaper than Sprints stupid 18-24 month flex lease which costs $50+ a month for a top phone (v30+ or Note) if you want to include their $12 insurance.

Her response? "Wow, that was a long email just for a phone! You must really want it…I’ll be sure to include as much detail on my next proposed purchase, in an effort to entice the reader… ;)"

Whew!

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I know that almost every unlocked device I have had works with TMobile advanced features example wifi calling etc.. in there announcement of offering 325 back for those that bring it to TMobile they said volte and wifi calling will work

Damu357

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know how soon did they start shipments after pre-orders last year.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

It is your trade in! It sounds like you ordered before I did. I didn't buy until they announced they would be available (at the end of the pixel announcement) . My ship date for an unlocked (Black XL 128GB) is the earliest possible...(I think?) Oct 17 ship

arav24

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

I really want the pixel XL in panda but it might not come back in stock in time to get the Google home mini promo. Should I bite the bullet with the black pixel?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Changed my order twice now from Kinda Blue to Panda to Blk XL decided it will be cased covered any way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21