I believe its a characteristic of OLED, although how extreme the hue gets at certain viewing angles is dependent on the quality.
    I am not disagreeing with you, but on my LG OLED television, there is no blue shift at an angle. In fact the viewing angle is way better than any LCD I've ever seen. Is it because the pixels are so much smaller on a 6 inch screen vs. 65 inch?
    Today 01:13 PM
    I am not disagreeing with you, but on my LG OLED television, there is no blue shift at an angle. In fact the viewing angle is way better than any LCD I've ever seen. Is it because the pixels are so much smaller on a 6 inch screen vs. 65 inch?
    I dont honestly know, I am making assumptions off of my own personal experience about that. Most OLD screens I've seen seem to give off a blue hue at extreme angles, where LED and LCD displays do not. They have different characteristics and sometimes poor viewing angles but ive only ever seen that blue hue change on an OLED screen.

My experience =/= truth tho.
    Today 01:19 PM
    when you wake up at 6am and see a notification. that your pixel 2 has been shipped so them you fully open the email just to see your Amazon pixel 2 spigen case has shipped and not your phone 😭😭😭😭😭😭
    Poseign likes this.
    Today 01:19 PM
    when you wake up at 6am and see a notification. that your pixel 2 has been shipped so them you fully open the email just to see your Amazon pixel 2 spigen case has shipped and not your phone
    Ouccchh .
    Today 01:21 PM
    when you wake up at 6am and see a notification. that your pixel 2 has been shipped so them you fully open the email just to see your Amazon pixel 2 spigen case has shipped and not your phone
    know that feeling. Today a box got delivered to work from verizon. I got REALLY excited thinking my phone shipped 2 weeks early. Nope, different person's phone
    Today 01:22 PM
    granted. I ordered it on the 4th and delivery date was to be the 23 but still ughhhhh
    Today 01:24 PM
    I am sorry, do you mean if I have the phone in low light the picture becomes grainy? I am at work, it will be hard for me to get into a low light situation.
    from the Ars review
    The Pixel 2 XL display has a consistent "dirty" grain to it, and you can see it all the time if you know what to look for. But the dirt is most noticeable in a dark room with the screen at 0-percent brightness, which is a totally normal, "night-time" use case. Any time there's a solid color background—like, say, in a list with a white background—you'll see the grain. It jumps out when you're scrolling, when the text moves but the layer of grain is stationary. If you're not in the "night-time" scenario, the grain is much less noticeable. But if you look closely, especially during scrolling, you can see it is always present.
    Today 01:27 PM
    I'm getting mad, all of these posts from here and everywhere else on the internet about the xl's screen are making me want to go back to Verizon and play with it again just to see exactly what up with it lol. still 99% sure im keeping my preorder, but the Verge has an interesting article (and included photo) that makes me think 'wow how the h#ll did i miss THAT?"

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...lg-oled-screen
    That was Vlad doing a hatchet job on the 2XL...the screen was fine for Dieter Bohn from the Verge on his review...

Today 01:34 PM
    I got my all black 2 XL today. Just was able to play with it for a few minutes at lunch. I didn't get the grainy feeling from the screen. Did some quick screen tests at all kinds of brightness and didn't notice anything that stood out to me. I did notice the blue tint when looking at the screen from an angle, but that didn't bother me. The phone overall felt great to me. Now I just gotta decide if I'm sticking with Apple or going Google.
    Today 01:41 PM
    That was Vlad doing a hatchet job on the 2XL...the screen was fine for Dieter Bohn from the Verge on his review...

Not really, he said he was okay with it, but that it is a bad display but he is fine with it.

"The charitable way to put it is that Google opted for something practical when it could have gone bolder. The less charitable way to put it is that the Pixel 2 XL has a bad screen with bad color tuning. For me, at least, I found that it doesn't bother me unless I am actively comparing screens to another phone. When I just use the 2 XL day to day, it's fine. In fact, I appreciate that it's not as oversaturated as your average OLED Android phone."
    Today 01:42 PM
    from the Ars review
    Yeah, I won't be able to test that out until I get home.
    Today 01:46 PM
    Blah.... Still nothing! Dang it... Reddit link doesn't work for me either. Nothing on the website. 😭
    Today 01:47 PM
    @Jeremy8000 Interesting that everyone quotes the iPhone X, but conveniently skips the last 5 generations of iPhones and Galaxy devices that were in MUCH higher demand than any Pixels ever will be, yet they managed to (mostly) meet demand. Again, WAY WAY more units and way better customer fulfillment. But it's cool to trot out the X because it makes a point I guess. So Google is not great at this yet. It's OK to say that. They will be soon enough. They just are not, yet.
    Today 01:48 PM
    Blah.... Still nothing! Dang it... Reddit link doesn't work for me either. Nothing on the website.
    If it makes you feel any more hopeful, I received my two "Shipped" emails (one ordered from Google Store and one from Project Fi store) 9-1/2 hours and about 21 hours *after* they were picked up by FedEx.
    Today 01:55 PM
    My Pixel 2 XL 128 GB Just Black arrived today. Delivered by a FedEx truck, no signature was required.
    Today 01:57 PM
865 ... 333435