Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Pre Order / Shipping Discussion

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
That was Vlad doing a hatchet job on the 2XL...the screen was fine for Dieter Bohn from the Verge on his review...

https://youtu.be/q3wh1h17Yds

Not really, he said he was okay with it, but that it is a bad display but he is fine with it.

"The charitable way to put it is that Google opted for something practical when it could have gone bolder. The less charitable way to put it is that the Pixel 2 XL has a bad screen with bad color tuning. For me, at least, I found that it doesn't bother me unless I am actively comparing screens to another phone. When I just use the 2 XL day to day, it's fine. In fact, I appreciate that it's not as oversaturated as your average OLED Android phone."

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
@Jeremy8000 Interesting that everyone quotes the iPhone X, but conveniently skips the last 5 generations of iPhones and Galaxy devices that were in MUCH higher demand than any Pixels ever will be, yet they managed to (mostly) meet demand. Again, WAY WAY more units and way better customer fulfillment. But it's cool to trot out the X because it makes a point I guess. So Google is not great at this yet. It's OK to say that. They will be soon enough. They just are not, yet.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Blah.... Still nothing! Dang it... Reddit link doesn't work for me either. Nothing on the website. ??????

If it makes you feel any more hopeful, I received my two "Shipped" emails (one ordered from Google Store and one from Project Fi store) 9-1/2 hours and about 21 hours *after* they were picked up by FedEx.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Not really, he said he was okay with it, but that it is a bad display but he is fine with it.

"The charitable way to put it is that Google opted for something practical when it could have gone bolder. The less charitable way to put it is that the Pixel 2 XL has a bad screen with bad color tuning. For me, at least, I found that it doesn't bother me unless I am actively comparing screens to another phone. When I just use the 2 XL day to day, it's fine. In fact, I appreciate that it's not as oversaturated as your average OLED Android phone."

Hard to take a professional reviewer seriously when he says
But a screen that makes me scream every time I have to look at it?

mrjetpacks

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I got my all black 2 XL today. Just was able to play with it for a few minutes at lunch. I didn't get the grainy feeling from the screen. Did some quick screen tests at all kinds of brightness and didn't notice anything that stood out to me. I did notice the blue tint when looking at the screen from an angle, but that didn't bother me. The phone overall felt great to me. Now I just gotta decide if I'm sticking with Apple or going Google.
#GoGoogle

mesadog14

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Hey!
I ordered my pixel 2 black 64gb from Verizon on 10/08/17. On the app it says "pending" and ship date of: 10/19/17. Is that the day it will be received or the day the it will be shipped? Also, has anyone who ordered the phone from Verizon after 10/04/17 received it today?
Thank You,
~Brayton

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I totally didn't see that you could get expedited shipping haha. I have to wait until Monday now.

Pixel 2 64 mini ;)

Apparently, if you ordered the trade-in kit along with your new phone, the expedited shipping option was disabled.

It doesn't make any sense (since the trade-in kits were mailed separately and well before the actual phone shipment), but that seems to be what happened.

mrjetpacks

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy for all'a'yous receiving, unboxing, and using your Pixel 2 series devices. Gaining SOME tracking in the user department, so we can get a gooooD bug fix update for our first OTA. #BooM

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I guess not enough people have cancelled their orders. My Stormtrooper is still a Nov 13 ship date. Ordered Oct 4th 10:23 AM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463