Google’s extra-large Pixel 2 appears to be the one you want

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
XL over the regular isn't just an improvement in size but also much better design. I'd be more than happy with 64gb storage. I consume a tonne of movies and music but having all you can eat data means I make great use of cloud storage or streaming apps and don't need to rely on the memory. It's also great for a serial phone switcher like me because I can access it all from anywhere on any device. My current phone is 64gb and I still have almost 30gb free so more than enough to play with

Last edited:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I sympathize with those that don't want to spend extra for the 128 but for me it's a must.

Definitely not a must for me.

I use Google Photos for all my photos/video
I use Google Music for all my music
I use Google Drive for all my files
The I download barely take much space at all and I don't play games on my phone

Everything is stored in the cloud which means I don't need it on my device. I have a 32gb Pixel XL and still have 10gb or so free on the device.

I have no reason to get the 128gb Pixel 2 XL, so will just get whatever the base model is.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Everything is stored in the cloud which means I don't need it on my device. I have a 32gb Pixel XL and still have 10gb or so free on the device.

I have no reason to get the 128gb Pixel 2 XL, so will just get whatever the base model is.

Gotta go with what works for you. If they extra storage is wasted on you then by all means save the cash for goodies.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I use cloud storage as well but I will still get a 128 GB. I prefer to have the extra in case I need it for movies or w/e on a trip versus not having it. Also that way I can just be lazy and not manage storage :).

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a 64gb phone right now and have all my apps, music, photos etc and I'm only using 14gb due to most of it being stored in the cloud. I'll probably get 64.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Some rumors, nothing that's gone wide. There's a reason it's not leaking.
What's the reason? Are those who have pre-release devices actually staying tight-lipped under conscious will or does Google have the capability to track leakers down in microseconds thanks to their image identification technology? Batteries aside, I'm surprised we haven't seen photos of the fronts yet.

Wait... I know... it's a capacitor not a battery! :D

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What's the reason? Are those who have pre-release devices actually staying tight-lipped under conscious will or does Google have the capability to track leakers down in microseconds thanks to their image identification technology? Batteries aside, I'm surprised we haven't seen photos of the fronts yet.

Wait... I know... it's a capacitor not a battery! :D
The rumor is some devices have slightly different specs which can help narrow down the identity of those who over share, even inadvertently. Word went wide early on that, in addition to the variety of labels and barcodes, sharing details other than super high level would get people caught and removed from trusted testing groups.